Front Desk Supervisor
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Supervisor position is an entry level supervisory position that is responsible for leading the Front Desk operation ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position will be responsible for checking guests in and out at the front desk, and maintaining the smooth flow of front desk services according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Lead and direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Front Desk functions.
- Participates in training of all Front Desk associates; acts as a resource to associates.
- Checks guests in and out of the hotel; Performs daily Front Desk Agent duties
- Meets guest requests as per the arrivals list; Follows up with guests who have not yet checked out of the hotel
- Monitors the registration against in-house guests; Maintains smooth operation of the front desk
- Ensure all duties are completed in a timely and organized manner. (i.e. VIP list, arrivals, blocking rooms, in-house bucket); communicates information to the associated departments
- Resolves guest and associate complaints and issues
- Communicates clearly with Duty Manager of daily regime at the Front Desk
- Will include rotation into the Night Manager position (graveyard shifts)
- Understands the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Pacific Club Lounge, Service One, Reservations and Concierge)
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Ensures duties on task list are completed; Performs other related duties as required
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience in a large scale rooms operation; Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work well without supervision, demonstrates initiative, and successfully balances technical & guest services
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs - Must be able to demonstrate high level of competency with Opera
- Excellent cash handling skills.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: Apply Now
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.