Front Office Supervisor
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Front Office Supervisor position is an entry level supervisory position that is responsible for leading the Front Desk operation ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position will be responsible for checking guests in and out at the front desk, and maintaining the smooth flow of front desk services according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Front Office Supervisor include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Front Desk functions.
• Participates in training of all Front Desk associates; acts as a resource to associates.
• Checks guests in and out of the hotel; Performs daily Front Desk Agent duties
• Meets guest requests as per the arrivals list; Follows up with guests who have not yet checked out of the hotel
• Monitors the registration against in-house guests; Maintains smooth operation of the front desk
• Ensure all duties are completed in a timely and organized manner. (i.e. VIP list, arrivals, blocking rooms, in-house bucket); communicates information to the associated departments
• Resolves guest and associate complaints and issues
• Communicates clearly with Duty Manager of daily regime at the Front Desk
• Will include rotation into the Night Manager position (graveyard shifts)
• Understands the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Pacific Club Lounge, Service One, Reservations and Concierge)
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
• Ensures duties on task list are completed; Performs other related duties as required
Attention to detail - Able to maintain sustained level of concentration ensuring quality and a high level of accuracy is present at all times.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Professionalism - Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Decisiveness - Proven consistency in making sound decisions sometimes in pressurized or time-sensitive environments and service.
Initiative - Demonstrates the tendency to contribute ideas and initiate new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments.
Leadership - Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication.
Team Building - Promotes team achievement, contributes to the development and success of department objectives; supports and encourages team members; is respectful, actively listens to and seeks out opinions and ideas from the team.
Interactive Communication - Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; takes others’ perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange.
Conflict Management - Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
Developing Others - Supports individual development and improvement by providing effective performance feedback and support, reinforcing strengths and identifying areas for improvement and ways to improve performance and competence; encourages staff to develop and apply their skills; provides positive comments regarding others’ abilities or potential even in difficult cases; creates mentoring opportunities.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience in a large scale rooms operation; Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality Management, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work well without supervision, demonstrates initiative, and successfully balances technical & guest services
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs - Must be able to demonstrate high level of competency with Opera
Excellent cash handling skills.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted