Graveyard Front Desk Agent
Pan Pacific Vancouver
We are looking for a positive and energetic individual to join the Front Desk team in the role of Graveyard Front Desk Agent. This individual is responsible for registering guests into the hotel and acting as an ambassador to the Pan Pacific at all times. This position will be considered a multi functional position that will work closely with the Reservations, Service One and Concierge departments throughout the year.
The key responsibilities of the Graveyard Front Desk Agent include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that guests receive a positive first and last impression of the Hotel; Greets and registers guests (check guests in and out); Liaise with all other departments to share pertinent information to ensure a positive guest experience.
- Responsible for a $3,000.00 float; perform cashier duties.
- Actively participate in Front Office upsell programs and contribute ideas for revenue enhancement.
- Develop and maintain guest history and personal preferences data to enhance guest experience.
- Develop an engaging rapport with all guests, ensuring repeat guests are duly recognized.
- Handle guest’s requests and answers questions; Resolve any guest complaints in a timely manner.
- Answer telephones in a friendly, yet professional manner and greets guests in a timely manner in accordance with Pan Pacific Vancouver Standards.
- Interacts with other departments in a professional and courteous manner
- Enter data into the computer; Helps store luggage; Reports equipment problems and/or damage
- Ensure that assigned duties are completed during the course of a shift; Restocks all necessary items during the course of a shift
- Understand the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Service One, Reservations and Concierge)
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with excellent communication and observational skills; Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and have the ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; Ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully is critical
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
- Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; prolonged computer use; will require lifting of luggage for storage
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Involves long periods of standing; prolonged computer use throughout the shift.
- Occasional kneeling and will require lifting of luggage for storage
- Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office experience an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Hotel Management, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills; Spoken English is mandatory and additional language(s) an asset.
- Ability to sell and/or up-sell and cash handling skills.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office. Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: Apply Now
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.