Guest Services Executive (Pacific Club)
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include running the Pacific Club operations in a smooth, courteous, and pleasant manner by ensuring all arrival and departure experience and Food & Beverage services are to the highest and personalized standards. To be able to respond to all guest requests for information and services promptly and courteously.
This person’s decision-making authority includes all matters pertaining to day to day operational procedures and routines governing this function that will enable absolute guest care and their desire exceed guest’s expectation.
The associate will be on a 6-day work week and is entitled to one day off weekly. Associate is required to work based upon the operational necessities as deemed essential and necessary by the Employer and business demands.
Front Office Duties
- Ensure efficient customer service during check-in and check-out
- Ensure the best available room allocated to arrival guest through adhering to guest’s preferences and guest’s profile. Room allocation should be done at least a minimum of 5 days out.
- Preparation of welcome letters, registration card and key holders for arrival guests.
- Maintain and update guest history/profile consistently according to standards set.
- Ensure all queries and requests from Pacific Club guests are handled professionally and on a timely manner.
- Give immediate attention to any negative comments. It must be dealt with according to the established procedures with appropriate empowerment for service recovery. All negative comments must be informed immediately to the superior on duty.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge of the hotel facilities and the SOP of Pacific Club.
- Adhere to pre-set availability and rate controls
- Ensure a sales attitude is adopted at all times and maintain an awareness of all sales opportunities within the hotel to assist in maximization of revenue.
- Develop and maintain a high level of communication during hand over duties to ensure all guest’s requests are met and to share relevant information from the department’s e-mail.
- Responsible for monitoring the departmental e-mail and must be capable in replying to guest’s e-mail efficiently within 48 hours.
- To ensure and co-ordinate that specific guest’s preferences be placed in the rooms prior to arrival of guest.
- To inspect all guest’s rooms (vacant and occupied) on a daily basis, to ensure rooms are defect free and properly presented according to the SOP. Ensure all correct amenities and specific guest’s preferences are placed in the room in the right set up for in-house and expected arrival. To co-ordinate placement of turndown amenity in guests’ room.
- To be able to assist with packing and unpacking services, light pressing after operation hours.
Food & Beverage Duties:
- Ensuring all meal presentations (Breakfast, All day refreshment, Afternoon Tea, Cocktail and Liqueur) are set on a timely manner, and should be appealing, attractive and acceptable to Pacific Club standards.
- All Pacific Club guests should be given a warm welcome at all times in the lounge. Their preferences on food and beverage requests for each presentation should be noted and be recognized for future arrivals.
- Adhere to quality and attention to details for all F&B related services e.g refilling of drinks and food, table set-ups, food quality, etc
- Account for sufficient mise-en place during the shift.
- Ensure sufficient stock for Food & Beverage items, to adhere to par level for each item ordered. Regulates, controls, and requisites operating equipment and participate in periodic inventories. Pacific Club Associate will be accountable for any unnecessary wastage.
- Ensure proper handling procedures for all perishable food and beverage to guarantee maximum sanitation and quality to the finished product.
- Ensure maximum care and maintenance of all physical assets in order to keep them in the best functional state, and to ensure cleanliness of lounge at all times.
- Constant cleaning of the floors, furniture, utensils and crockery. Clean and polish plates, glassware, and silverware before and after each presentation.
- Establish a good rapport with all guests.
- Minimum GCE ‘N’, ‘O’ Levels or Diploma in Hotel Management/Business related
- Preferably previous experience in the Hospitality industry
- Working knowledge of Opera is preferred
- Highly customer oriented with a pleasant disposition
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Pleasant, positive and cheerful disposition