Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Housekeeping Management team, the successful candidate will be responsible for all housekeeping activities, including guest and condominium housekeeping, laundry and uniforms to ensure the team is working in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Graveyards Required.
The key responsibilities of the Housekeeping Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Ensure the hotel has clean, well-equipped guest rooms and public areas in compliance with the Pan Pacific standard of excellence
- Effectively manage overall operation of housekeeping department to provide guests with an enjoyable, comfortable stay
- Maintain inventory of guest rooms and housekeeping supplies including all month-end inventories
- Act as housekeeping liaison to other hotel departments
- Accurately check and report room status daily
- Maintain lost and found logInspect rooms for important guest arrivals; Keen eye for details
- Report maintenance problems/issues on a continuing basis
- Support the housekeeping team in achieving hotel goals and objectives
- Manage guest complaints
- Completes incident reports for situations that may require follow-up or documentation
- Assists other departments when required
- Performs other related duties as required
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; requires lifting objects up to 25 pounds. Must be able to visually inspect cleanliness of rooms and public areas.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations
- Act as a role model to colleagues, and maintain the highest level of personal and ethical conduct
- Maintains professional business confidentiality as required
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous four or five star housekeeping experience is required; Prior housekeeping supervisory experience is preferred
- Reasoning and calculation ability; Able to add, subtract, multiply, divide and percentages
- Computer literate and able to operate Microsoft Office, PMS systems (OPERA preferable) and email
- Knowledge of all Hotel facilities
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page.
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.