Housekeeping Team Lead
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Housekeeper, the Team Lead is a Supervisor position that is responsible for leading the Housekeeping operations ensuring superior guest service and quality standards are met. Additionally this person will coordinate all clerical functions of the department including the maintenance of department records.
The key responsibilities of the Housekeeping Team Lead include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the team to ensure the smooth operation of Housekeeping functions.
• Responsible for the organization and delegation of work assignments for all housekeeping associates; Monitors and manages the quality and timeliness of services provided to ensure optimum guest satisfaction.
• Resolves guest and employee complaints and issues.
• Participates in training of all Housekeeping associates; acts as a resource to associates.
• Participates in associate annual reviews
• Monitor work hours of associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Handle lost & found inquiries and ensure that all procedures are followed and items are distributed expediently.
• Conducting guestroom and public area inspection when necessary.
• Performing all housekeeping clerical tasks for housekeeping operation.
• Maintains a safe working environment in all sections of the Housekeeping department; Reports maintenance and housekeeping problems to department Managers.
• Understands the need and willingness to work in other housekeeping positions as required (i.e. Room Attendant & Linen Room Attendant & shift opening).
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
• Ensures duties on task list are completed
• Performs other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Candidate must have a minimum of 1 year of Housekeeping experience in a large scale rooms operation, supervisory experience an asset.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using property management systems, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
• Demonstrated organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail.
• Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English.
• Ability to work well without supervision and demonstrate initiative.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.