Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all public areas, guest floor hallways and washrooms are kept clean according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. In addition this position assists in the smooth operation of the Housekeeping Department.
The key responsibilities of the Houseperson include but are not limited to:
· Maintain the cleanliness of the guest corridors, pool deck, and service area; performs general cleaning in guest rooms
· Picks up dirty linen off carts on each floor, places in bins and transports to the laundry chute
· Clean all public areas including washrooms and the Hotel area on the ground level; Clean the service area hallways
· Clean the housekeeping storerooms, the P1, P2, & C/S level elevator foyer areas, and guest & parking elevators; Vacuum the pool and clean the pool change rooms
· Handle guest and Room Attendant requests (i.e. towels, supplies), and offers all possible assistance
· Turn in Lost and Found items; Pick up and delivers supplies from receiving to the storeroom
· Stock the storeroom and linen closets; Clean staff washrooms and change rooms
· Follow safety procedures and operations standards; Maintains equipment
· Report maintenance deficiencies and unsafe working conditions; Ensure all duties on daily task list are completed
· Performs other related duties as required
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required.
· Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
· Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming.
· Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
· Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
· Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous hotel/housekeeping experience preferred.
• Knowledge of WHMIS and safety standards.
• Proficient in English to articulate themselves professionally in guest interactions.
• Knowledge of “Back Safe” techniques.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and