Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Assistant Financial Controller, the Income Auditor will verify all revenue transactions for technical consistency and methods used to meet the Pan Pacific’s hotel standards and policies. In addition this position is responsible to examine all transactions for accuracy ensuring the daily trial balance is true and managing all cashiering functions for the hotel.
- Prepare and review daily labour vs. daily revenue report.
- Compile Daily revenue report using Opera and Micros reports.
- Email daily revenue report to designated recipients. Audit Front Desk postings, miscellaneous charges, rebates and paid-out charges.
- Ensure postings have been properly authorized and posted to correct revenue codes. Balance various concession charges i.e. valet parking, Discovery House, Spa Utopia and in-house movies.
- Balance banquet postings and handle banquet check revisions.
- Reconcile F&B postings in Opera against Micros report.
- Record promo bills in the excel audit workbook.
- Forward manager promo bills to Director of Finance and Technology.
- Send other promo bills (discount, coupon, package etc.) to F&B Controller.
- Complete and balance each section of the excel audit workbook.
- Balance credit card settlements to Opera report.
- Transmit credit card batches when balance is complete.
- Reconcile transmittal report against First Data processing report.
- Rebate all write-off accounts at mid-month, and/or on the last business day of each month.
- Investigate credit card chargebacks, and resolve guest enquiries.
- Count and reconcile daily cash and cheque receipts deposited by associates. Prepare due backs and change orders. Deposit daily receipts into the hotel bank accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile Banquets cash bar tickets and floats.
- Issue and monitor cashier’s float for associate’ perform random float counts.
- Perform petty cash payouts miscellaneous sales and receipts. Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous income audit and cashiering experience an asset.
- Must have experience in Hotel Front Office.
- Working knowledge of Opera preferred and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Looking for a candidate with a cheerful and positive demeanour who enjoys being part of a team environment.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY HERE
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.