Laundry & Valet Attendant
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for laundering garments and uniforms for guests, contractors and employees according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. Additional responsibilities include delivering clean linens to the guest room floors as needed and cleaning and organising all laundry areas including linen shelves in the housekeeping and laundry areas.
The key responsibilities of the Valet Attendant include but are not limited to:
- Sort laundry into specific classifications for preparation of washing.
- Prioritize and mark garment orders for dry-cleaning and laundering.
- Completes orders as requested and prepares orders for delivery.
- Aids in effective communication within Laundry/Valet department; conducts daily inventory of supplies.
- Checks and maintains chemical injection system and performs minimal maintenance within laundry area.
- Generate billing for valet/dry-cleaning service for both internal and external guests.
- Organize new dry-cleaning clients when required.
- Maintain and update record keeping of outside clients for accounting purposes.
- Aids in sorting laundry and record count in uniform daily forms.
- Additional responsibilities include delivering clean linens to the guest room floors as needed and cleaning and organising all laundry areas including shelves in the housekeeping and laundry areas.
- Performs other related duties as required.
The key responsibilities of the laundry attendant include but are not limited to:
• Daily rotation of duties consists of: operation of washers, dryers, towel folder, preparation of linen cages, delivering of linens to the floors and linen exchange outside Laundry facilities.
• Aids in effective communication within Laundry/Valet department; conducts daily inventory of supplies
• Reports equipment damage to Supervisor, Manager or Lead Attendant
• Reports and removes stained or torn linen as needed, maintains discards logs up to date
• Ensures prompt delivery of linens requests from room attendants thought out the day
• Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required. (transferring washing garments weighing up to 300lbs)
• In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates. Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous laundering experience (preferably in a hotel environment) an asset.
• Previous experience with heavy machinery preferred
• Must hold a WHMIS Certificate.
• Knowledge of safety standards; ability to work in close quarters
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website:
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
Members of visible minorities
Persons with disabilities
Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.