Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the successful candidate will be responsible for sorting and processing all linens and uniforms according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. Additional responsibilities include delivering clean linens to the guest room floors as needed and cleaning and organising all laundry areas including linen shelves in the housekeeping and laundry areas.
The key responsibilities of the laundry attendant include but are not limited to:
- Sort laundry into specific classifications for preparation of washing
- Daily rotation of duties consists of: operation of washers, dryers, towel folder, preparation of linen cages, delivering of linens to the floors and linen exchange outside Laundry facilities.
- Communicate with Supervisor regarding shortage of linens on the floors at the end of the shift
- Removal of soiled linens from guestrooms or room attendant carts, separate soiled items in the service area, place soiled linens in the linen shoot and/or sort soiled linens in the designed linen bins (varies based on volume)
- Deliver and place empty linen bins into service area; Ensures prompt delivery of linens requests from room attendants thought out the day
- Remove and sort garbage, glassware and recyclable items from guestrooms or room attendant carts and place in the designated containers in the service areas
- Deliver full soiled linen bin to loading dock for laundry company to pick up; Reports and removes stained or torn linen as needed, maintains discards logs up to date
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and work area; assists with linens inventory count
- Checks and maintains chemical injection system and performs minor maintenance within laundry area
- Reports equipment damage to Supervisor, Manager or Lead Attendant
- Ensures all tasks are perform in a safety manner
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required. (transferring washing garments weighing up to 300lbs)
- In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates
- Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Experience in and knowledge of laundry operations and heavy machinery preferred
- Must hold a WHMIS Certificate.
- Knowledge of safety standards; ability to work in close quarters
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY NOW
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.