Pan Pacific Vancouver
The key responsibilities of the Linen Porter include but are not limited to:
• Deliver and place empty linen bins into service area
• Removal of soiled linens from guestrooms or room attendant carts, separate soiled items in the service area, place soiled linens in the linen shoot and/or sort soiled linens in the designed linen bins (varies based on volume)
• Remove and sort garbage and recyclable items from guestrooms or room attendant carts and place in the designated containers in the service areas
• Place dirty glasses in the designated racks located in the service areas
• Deliver full soiled linen bin to loading dock for laundry company to pick up
• Assist Room Attendants with removing bed linens from guest rooms when required.
• Assist Laundry Attendants with prompt delivery of linens requests from room attendants as required
• Ensure job tasks are completed in a safe manner at all times
• Performs other related duties as required
• Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy items, along with movements such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required
• In addition will be required to stand on feet and/or walk for long periods
• Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
• Ability to multitask efficiently and effectively all daily duties
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous hotel/housekeeping experience preferred.
• Must hold a WHMIS Certificate.
• Proficient in English to articulate themselves professionally in guest interactions.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website:
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups.
These groups are:
Members of visible minorities
Persons with disabilities
Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.