Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Bell Captain, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing guest services at the Hotel lobby and entrance areas, specifically associated with greeting and directing guests according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Greeter include but are not limited to:
- Greet guests arriving (or departing) at the hotel lobby or hotel entrance in an engaging and confident manner.
- Direct newly arriving guests to the front desk or the banquet event they are attending.
- Answer any questions guests may have regarding hotel services or information about Vancouver; provide directions and keep up to date on current events in the city and surrounding areas.
- Assist Concierge, Front Office and Bell Services associates when appropriate.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must be physically fit - involves long periods of standing; will require lifting of luggage for storage.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience.
- Previous experience in a customer service capacity.
- Opera experience is considered a strong asset.
- Sound knowledge of the Vancouver area including Restaurants and attractions.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the Hotel and associated facilities.
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit your current resume via the hotel's website.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.