Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Bell Captain, the successful candidate will be responsible for responsible for providing guest services at the Hotel lobby and entrance areas, specifically associated with greeting and directing guests according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Greeter include but are not limited to:
• Greet guests arriving (or departing) at the hotel lobby or hotel entrance in an engaging and confident manner
• Direct newly arriving guests to the front desk or the banquet event they are attending
• Answer any questions guests may have regarding hotel services or information about Vancouver; provide directions and keep up to date on current events in the city and surrounding areas
• Assist Concierge, Front Office and Bell Services associates where appropriate
• Performs other related duties as required.
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; will require lifting of luggage for storage
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure
• Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience in a customer service capacity
• Opera experience is considered a strong asset
• Sound knowledge of the Vancouver area including restaurants and attractions
• Knowledge of all aspects of the Hotel and associated facilities
• Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.