Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Manager on Duty, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon check-in and check-out, greeting guests upon arrival and departure at the Front Door, and delivers messages, faxes and gifts to rooms in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Graveyards Required
The key responsibilities of the Luggage Attendant include but are not limited to:
- Greet guests and non-guests on arrival and departure from the hotel
- Delivers luggage to guest rooms; Explains guest rooms and Hotel facilities to guests.
- Delivers items to guests such as faxes, messages and keys.
- Answers calls and inquiries at front office desk; maintains organization of Bell Services area including clipboards, notice boards, garbage and filing cabinets.
- Stores items for guests and records all group porterage.
- Acts as a Valet and parks vehicles for guests; assists Door Attendant to ensure smooth flow of traffic at the Front Door; alerts security of undesirable situations or individuals.
- Completes incident reports for situations that may require follow-up or documentation.
- Assists other departments when required.
- Performs other related duties as required
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; requires lifting of large quantities of luggage.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations
- Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience as a luggage attendant in a hotel is preferred
- Must be physically fit, as position requires heavy lifting
- Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s license and be able to drive standard transmission vehicles. Candidate must have a good driving record (able to provide record on request)
- Knowledge of Hotel facilities, security precautions and sound knowledge of the Seattle area is required
- Opera experience is considered a strong asset
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page.
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.