Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Bell Captain, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting guests with luggage upon check-in and check-out, greeting guests upon arrival and departure at the Front Door, and delivers messages, faxes and gifts to rooms in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Luggage Attendant include but are not limited to:
- Delivers luggage to guest rooms; Explains guest rooms and Hotel facilities to guests.
- Delivers items to guests such as faxes, messages and keys.
- Answers calls and inquiries at luggage attendant’s desk; maintains organization of Bell Services office including clipboards, notice boards, garbage and filing cabinets.
- Stores items for guests and records all group porterage.
- Acts as a Valet and parks vehicles for guests; assists Door Attendant to ensure smooth flow of traffic at the Front Door; alerts security of undesirable situations or individuals.
- Completes incident reports for situations that may require follow-up or documentation.
- Assists other departments when required.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing; requires lifting of large quantities of luggage
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations.
- Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
- Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience as a luggage attendant in a hotel is preferred
- Must be physically fit, as position requires heavy lifting
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s license and be able to drive standard transmission vehicles. Candidate must have a good driving record (able to provide record on request)
- Knowledge of Hotel facilities, security precautions and sound knowledge of the Vancouver area is required
- Opera experience is considered a strong asset
- Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: Pan Pacific Vancouver
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.