Pacific Club Food Expeditor
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Join us as our new Expeditor in the beautiful Pacific Club Lounge while overlooking the picturesque downtown harbour and mountains. We are looking for experienced Food & Beverage professionals to join our team and pay you for your experience at $18.19 per hour.
Reporting to the Pacific Club Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering memorable service to our guests of the Pacific Club focusing primarily on the food and beverage service operations, as well as assisting guests with concierge services according to the standards of Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts.
The key responsibilities of the Pacific Club Expeditor include but are not limited to:
• Greet and assist guests during meal periods; i.e. breakfast, evening hors-d’oeuvres & honor bar
• Prepares room for meal periods; completes all opening and closing duties and cleans dining room
• Maintains side stands and regularly inspects and cleans equipment used
• Returns all reusable food items to the kitchen; places orders for various dry goods and dairy products
• Act as a runner between the main kitchen and the Pacific Club lounge to set up, replenish and break down the buffet on a daily basis
• Develop an engaging rapport with all Pacific Club guests, ensuring repeat guests are duly recognized
• Actively engage in all aspects of food and beverage service in the Pacific floor lounge, ensuring best quality practices and standards are adhered to at all times
• Escort guests to rooms as required
• Assist guests with luggage storage as required
• Perform a room or suite pre-inspection as required
• Assist the Pacific Club Manager to develop and maintain guest history and personal preferences data to enhance guest experience
• Resolve any guest complaints in a timely manner
• Answer telephones in a friendly yet professional manner
• Perform other related duties as required
Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy trays and tables; Involves long periods of walking and standing.
• Contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
• Maintain professional internal / external guest service, smiles, creates eye contact and uses guest / associate names
• Demonstrate outstanding guest relations skills and be approachable by nature
• Work in a team setting under high pressure & stressful situations
• Show a history of demonstrating excellent time management and attention to detail
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience in a guest service position in a Food & Beverage operation preferred.
• Concierge experience is an asset
• Serving it right and Food safe certification required
• Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: APPLY HERE
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.