Pacific Club Lounge Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Front Office Manager, the Pacific Club Manager is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for leading the daily Pacific Club Lounge operations, ensuring and maintaining a consistently high standard of customer service. This position is required to exercise judgment, set priorities and work closely with other departments to ensure smooth work flow within the division and affiliated departments.
The key responsibilities of the Pacific Club Manager include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the Pacific Club Lounge (‘PCL’) team to ensure the smooth operation and function of the lounge; acts as a resource to associates.
• Oversee all aspects of the PCL in the absence of the Front Office Manager, acting upon urgent issues in a timely manner, reporting observations to the Front Office Manager where applicable.
• Participate in recruitment, selection, and training and performance management of PCL team members with coordination and oversight from the Human Capital and Development department.
• Coach the PCL team to respond quickly to guests’ needs and resolve any complaints in a timely manner; coach and counsel associates accordingly.
• Monitor work hours, perform scheduling duties, forecasting duties and vacation planning of PCL associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Coach the PCL team to respond quickly to business fluctuations and is able to maintain budgetary guidelines using judgment and discretion.
• Ensure the successful implementation, review and ongoing updating of all PCL standard operating procedures to effectively keep services and features current with industry trends.
• Performs check-ins and check-outs at the PCL; ensures that the PCL provides quality and professional service to all hotel guests.
• Actively oversee the food and beverage service in the PCL, ensuring best quality practices, standards and cost control are adhered at all times. Contribute recommendations for menu selection to the Executive Chef in conjunction with the Front Office Manager.
• Develop guest history and personal preferences data to enhance guest experience; foster an engaging rapport with all Pacific Club guests, ensuring repeat guests are duly recognized.
• Actively participate in and manage Pacific Club upsell programs; Contribute ideas for revenue enhancement.
• Attend various meetings and hotel functions as relating to the PCL function as requested; Assists in conducting regular Department meetings.
• Is able to work in other areas within Room Division and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous hotel Front Office experience is essential. Concierge or local Visitor Bureau experience an asset.
• One years’ experience in a supervisory position in a hotel or luxury service environment.
• Diploma / Degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of local tourism attractions, restaurants and retail outlets.
• Ability to work autonomously without direct managerial supervision; demonstrates initiative, and successfully balances technical & guest services.
• Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent English communication, both written and verbal, and interpersonal skills. Additional language(s) an asset.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
• Cash handling experience.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.