Pastry Cook's Helper
Pan Pacific Vancouver
We are looking for an energetic individual to join the Kitchen Team in the role of Pastry cooks Helper. This Person will be responsible for preparing and servicing all food items, under the general supervision of the Pastry Chef, and according to the production standards established by the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Pastry Cook’s Helper include but are not limited to:
• Prepares and services all food items according to Pan Pacific Hotel recipes and standards
• Ensures minimum waste in food preparation; Maintains daily mis-en-place
• Ensures consistency in taste and presentation of prepared food items
• Prepares certain food items for the following days duties
• Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Pastry Chef
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment
• Performs other related duties as required
• Meets demands to a high standard of quality and in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates knowledge and achieves moderate standards of proficiency accordingly. Follows within Hotel Guidelines of quality and food safety.
• Demonstrates knowledge and is willing to learn and strive to achieve proficiency under guidance from the Kitchen leadership team
• Familiar with Pastry tool techniques: Knife. Spatula technique for cutting and slicing, pearling, masking.
• Achieves consistency in taste of prepared food items; ability to evaluate needs related to food production
• Maintains the technical skills within culinary ranking: speed, efficiency and time management are at the core of cooking competencies.
• Ability to perform functional role: know how to operate all operational equipment & systems relevant to their role and within their immediate work area; can demonstrate knowledge of all standards relating to their role.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Undergraduate degree from an accredited culinary school; pastry and baking program preferred
• Knowledge of food handling; HACCP (Food Safe Certificate)
• Good interpersonal skills; organizational skills and attention to detail
• Knowledge of preparation procedures; ability to evaluate needs related to food production; knowledge of seasoning
• Knowledge of safety equipment and procedures as outlined by the Hotel
How To Apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY HERE
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.