Public Area Attendant (Overnight Shift)
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Director of Housekeeping, the Public Area Attendant is responsible for cleaning and maintaining Hotel's public areas according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel during the night shift (graveyard).
The key responsibilities of the Public Attendant include but are not limited to:
• Performs general cleaning (dusting, vacuuming, mopping etc.) of public areas including relevant washrooms, polish marble floors
• Cleans windows and mirrors; Polishes brass and chrome fixtures
• Removes carpet stains and shampoos carpets as required; Empties garbage and cleans ashtrays
• Ensures all chemicals are employed to WHMIS standards
• Reports maintenance deficiencies and unsafe working conditions
• Updates log book as needed; Checks for and turns in all Lost and Found items
• Ensures all duties on task list are completed; Performs other related duties as required
• Ensures proper maintenance and usage of equipment and tools (power washer, floor machines, scrubbers, burnisher, extractors cleaners and buffers)
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas such as bending, stooping and kneeling when required.
• Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming.
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous hotel/housekeeping experience preferred.
• Knowledge of WHMIS and safety standards.
• Proficient in English to articulate themselves professionally in guest interactions.
• Knowledge of “Back Safe” techniques.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.