Purchasing Team Lead
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Finance, the Purchasing Team Lead is responsible for managing the daily operations of the storeroom ensuring hotel items are procured at the best price and quality, whilst maintaining proper inventory of all items needed for a smooth hotel operation.
The key responsibilities of the Purchasing Team Lead include, but are not limited to:
- Leads, develops and supervises Storeroom associates; Responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operation, ensures that all items received are of quality and rotated accordingly.
- Work closely with other departments including Kitchen, Catering & Banquets to ensure the smooth flow of work in food preparation and F&B service.
- Initiate and manage various administrative activities and processes, including spreadsheet analysis and making informed and "best value" recommendations within budgetary limitations and scope of authority
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the marketplace and capabilities of key suppliers and maintain an awareness of emerging trends and issues
- Oversee incoming guest packages; Assist other associates within the storeroom in the storing of food and non-food items, and in ensuring that all items are properly rotated.
- Fulfillment of Daily Food & Beverage requisitions.
- Monitors work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of Storeroom associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Participates in recruitment, selection and training of the team members.
- Conduct performance reviews and responsible for managing the performance of all Storeroom associates.
- Ensure cleanliness of the areas for consistent high level of compliance with Hotel Standards and Vancouver Coastal health authorities’ expectations.
- Ensure the upkeep of the Loading Dock and all equipment therein.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience in an equivalent size and style of hoteln or food & beverage receiving operation, with experience in managing labour and food costs.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
- Must be fluent in English, both in verbal and written communication.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and data base applications.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: Apply Now
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.