Relief Night Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Job Type: Hourly, Temporary (May 2018 to November 2018)
The Relief Night Manager is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for managing the daily front office operations, ensuring all standards established by the Hotel are met or exceeded. In addition this position will oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management and will be required to make effective decisions by using sound judgment in guest related situations.
The key responsibilities of the Relief Night Manager include but are not limited to:
- Leads, develops and supervises Front Office associates; assists with check-ins and check-outs at the front desk where necessary; ensures that the front desk provides quality service to all hotel guests
- Coach the Front Office team to respond quickly to business fluctuations and is able to maintain budgetary guidelines using judgment and discretion; effectively manages room inventory to maximize revenues, drives upsell programs and contributes ideas for revenue enhancement.
- Work in conjunction with hotel security officers to respond to disturbances in guest rooms, medical emergencies, undesirable guests and including overall safety and security throughout the hotel.
- Act as a resource to Front Office associates and Rooms Division associates and liaison between the Front Office Manager and the Front Desk associates.
- Oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management, acting upon urgent issues as required and reporting observations to the Department Head where applicable.
- Is able to work in other areas within Room Division, such as Service One, and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Act as the primary contact for all associates across the Housekeeping, Security, Bell Services and Front Office and Service One departments.
- Ability to manage various challenging situations including emergencies as they arise.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience in a large scale rooms operation.
- Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Opera.
- Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset
- Is knowledgeable with the safety component of associates & guests during emergencies; First Aid Certificate and knowledge of fire, life and safe procedures an asset.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: Apply Now
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.