Relief Night Supervisor
Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, the Relief Night Supervisor is a hands-on leadership position that is responsible for managing the daily front office operations, ensuring all standards established by the Hotel are met or exceeded. In addition, this position will oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of other senior management a will be required to make effective decisions by using sound judgment in guest related situations. The successful candidate will maintain a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times and in a manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Weekends & Graveyards Required
The key responsibilities of the Relief Night Supervisor include, but are not limited to:
• Leads, develops and supervises Front Office associates; assists with check-ins and check-outs at the front desk when necessary; ensures that the front desk team provides quality service to all hotel guests.
• Coach the Front Office team to respond quickly to business fluctuations and is able to maintain budgetary guidelines using judgment and discretion; effectively manages room inventory to maximize revenues, drives upsell programs and contributes ideas for revenue enhancement.
• Work in conjunction with 2200 Development security and Seattle Police department to respond to disturbances in guest rooms, medical emergencies, undesirable guests and including overall safety and security throughout the hotel.
• Act as a resource to Front Office associates and Rooms Division associates and liaison between Front Office Manager, Manager on Duty and Front Desk associates.
• Oversee all areas of the hotel operation in the absence of senior management, acting upon urgent issues as required and reporting observations to the Department Head where applicable.
• Is able to work in other areas within the Room Division and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Act as the primary contact for all associates across Housekeeping, Guest Services and Front Office.
• Ability to manage various challenging situations including emergencies as they arise.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example; setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Candidate must have a minimum of 2 years of progressive supervisory and/or management experience in an upscale luxury hotel environment.
• Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
• Computer Skills – Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including experience using hotel booking programs, preference given to candidate with knowledge of OPERA.
• Has a history of demonstrating confidentiality and tact in business/personnel situations, with excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset.
• Is knowledgeable with the safety component of associates and guests during emergencies; First Aid/CPR Certification and knowledge of fire, life and safe procedures an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle website: www.panpacificseattle.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.