Reservations Sales Agent - Group
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Reservations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for all group blocks, inventory, and rate codes. To manage all definite and open blocks, uploading group rooming lists, and setting up corresponding blocks in Passkey’s GroupMAX system and to set up all billing instructions per the group resume.
The key responsibilities of the Reservations Sales Agent, Group include but are not limited to:
• Perform Group administration responsibilities as assigned. This involves; entering rooming lists, managing group blocks, preparing weekly group pickup reports, communicating changes with Catering Sales Managers, attending weekly group meetings and pre-convention meetings.
• Review Groups Resume from Sales Department
• Ensuring all group information is communicated to all pertaining departments.
• Communicates and exchanges information with Hotel Sales Department and Front Desk
• Working closely with accounting to ensure all billing is set up correctly in Opera
• Assist Reservations team with additional guest calls; Answers calls promptly, professionally with a friendly greeting & identifying self; Addresses guest by name and uses callers name minimum 3 times per call
• Explains rate structure, available rooms, method of payment/guarantee and cancellation Policies, facilities and services; Collects Pre-registration information e.g. (name, Address, CC number, etc.)
• Entering Guest Reservation details into Opera system; Review and send written confirmation to the guest
• Completes reservations and other duties in an efficient and accurate manner; Offer further assistance within the hotel Services and facilities to all callers; Promotes Hotel facilities to guests through selling and up-selling
• Answering guest requests (letters, fax E Mails) within 24 hours; Up-dates skills as required; Attends departmental meetings
• Entering reservation Data from emails, Faxes, Reservation forms, Rooming list into Opera
• Manages guest complaints and directs guest complaints to appropriate Department Head/Duty Manager
• Understands the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Service One, Front Desk and Concierge)
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Knowledge of Hotel protocols; uses a friendly, professional telephone manner and possess excellent communication skills
• Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
• Requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer; must have demonstrated the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Maintains highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• 2 years of hotel experience; Front office/Reservations experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Opera PMS and knowledge of group rooming lists & blocks an asset.
• Understanding of selling concepts and the demonstrated ability to upsell is required.
• Demonstrated ability to diffuse guest related situations and make effective decisions using sound judgment.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications.
• Experience using hotel programs – Passkey, GroupMax and Opera is an asset.
• High-volume telephone calls experience an asset
• Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional documents and communications
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.