Room Service Server
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Position Status: Seasonal, Full-Time, with possibility of extension after the season end
Reporting to the Service One Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering food and beverage products to guest rooms in a fast-paced, high quality dining experience, according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel. Additionally this person will be responsible to serve and interact with guests and patrons as a Bartender on the Pool deck during the Summer Season.
The key responsibilities of the Room Service Server include but are not limited to:
- Prepare Room Service table for guest order deliveries and gift orders; clean up and pre-set the department for next meal period as per the Pan Pacific Vancouver standard.
- Ensure pool desk is clean, ensuring all guest amenities/supplies are stocked and available.
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way; Takes guest food & beverage orders.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all pool services and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of all menu items, preparation method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes, presentation and prices.
- Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and all wines on the wine list.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services, features and local attraction, activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately; Act as an ambassador for the pool deck area inclusive of hosting and handling inquiries.
- Ensure accuracy of guests name and room number of each order for delivery; Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations.
- Prepare foods items in the absence of scheduled Cook during the graveyard shift.
- Assist in emergency situations; Communicate problems or potential improvements to Team Lead and/or Service One Manager.
- Assists in working in other food & beverage outlets when required; May be required to assist in Service One switchboard area.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, and remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, and prioritize while remaining calm and courteous. Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements.
- One (1) year Food and Beverage experience in a similar setting required.
- Previous experience as a Server is an asset.
- “Serving it Right” Certificate required.
- Knowledge of Food Safe and clearing procedures.
- Knowledge of food and menu items; mixed drinks, beverage preparation, Wines & Spirits.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: Pan Pacific Vancouver
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.