Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of three Sales Managers, this position will be responsible for providing support and follow up to the hotel sales office. Administrative support will be directed towards Corporate Transient as well as Canadian Corporate and Government (Federal & Provincial]) Group business.
Responsibilities include computer literacy in the form of word processing, spreadsheet and other tangible or graphic materials to support the sales organization. In addition this person will maintain a high standard of service focus whilst playing the liaison role between customers and other departments by correspondence, telephone or directly in person.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Coordinator include but are not limited to:
• Supports the Sales Manager through various communications and report generation.
• Provides daily administrative support including preparing contracts & proposals for Sales Managers, and support the Administration Department whenever required; Fields sales inquiries and distributes to appropriate Sales Manager.
• Provides daily support for customers’ inquiries in a professional and timely basis; Handle all telephone, fax correspondence and email contacts.
• Responsible for administrative duties for the Sales Manager which includes typing; meeting coordination; filing; qualifying & responding to phone calls, inquiries and requests.
• Practice professional account qualification (i.e., date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
• Assist with familiarization trips and site inspections; Participate in sales meetings and other communications, functions in the hotel.
• Establish and maintain appropriate filing system on accounts identified with potential. This system can be automated or manual or a combination of both.
• Co-ordinate functions and activities with other departments as well as the Pan Pacific Regional & International offices.
• Co-operate and accept other special assignments the Director of Sales and/or Sales Manager may deem necessary to assign as and when required from time to time.
Attention to detail - Able to maintain sustained level of concentration ensuring quality and a high level of accuracy is present at all times.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Professionalism - Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Initiative - Demonstrates the tendency to contribute ideas and initiate new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments.
Adaptability - Adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements; recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours; applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change; ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Results Driven - Works well both independently and in a team environment and is self-motivated; manages own time and tasks; Accomplishes tasks as efficiently and effectively as possible; is deadline focused; takes initiative.
Analytical Thinking - Takes initiative to solve standard problems and make routine decisions using procedures and policies and based on available facts, experience, and common sense; Displays commitment to own decisions or proposed solutions, as well as management directives, and follows through; Knows what problems and decisions are within own authority and when to refer to someone else.
Interactive Communication - Recognizes communication of a confidential or sensitive nature, and takes appropriate measures to safeguard this communication; Demonstrates the ability to accurately interpret the needs and requests of others; Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the associate’s language and level of understanding; Delivers a consistent message providing the right information at the right time.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
Two (2) years in a sales administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred.
Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office/Reservations experience an asset.
Post-secondary education in Hotel Management and/or Administrative Studies, or equivalent experience.
Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy.
Solid work experience in managing effective administrative procedures and programs essential.
Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional business documents and communications
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and