Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of two Sales Managers, this position will be responsible for providing support and follow up to the hotel sales office. Administrative support will be directed towards the following market segments: Business Travel, Corporate Meetings and Government Group.
Responsibilities include computer literacy in the form of word processing, spreadsheet and other tangible or graphic materials to support the sales organization. In addition this person will maintain a high standard of service focus whilst playing the liaison role between customers and other departments by correspondence, telephone or directly in person.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Supports the Sales Managers through various communications and report generation.
- Provides daily administrative support including preparing contracts & proposals for Sales Managers, and supports the Administration Department whenever required; Fields sales inquiries and distributes to appropriate Sales Manager.
- Provides daily support for customers’ inquiries in a professional and timely basis. Manages the immediate distribution of leads coming into the Sales RFP box.
- Responsible for administrative duties for the Sales Manager which includes typing; meeting coordination; filing; qualifying & responding to phone calls, inquiries and requests.
- Practices professional account qualification (i.e., date flexibility, space requirement, history, competitive information).
- Works closely with the Sales Managers and Reservations Department to ensure all rates are loaded in a timely manner. Consortia program details to be well communicated with Reservations and Front Office to ensure customer services are executed effectively.
- Administer an in-house membership rewards program, including gift purchasing, maintaining accurate record of month-end production, processing redemption requests and liaising with key account bookers.
- Assist Sales Managers with preparation for tradeshows and associated travel including completion of purchase order, registration, accommodation, flight, sales kits and client gifts.
- Maintain promotional materials inventory and generate a monthly tracking report.
- Produce marketing communications such as e-mails, print material and exhibition related projects.
- Assist with familiarization trips and site inspections as required. Participate in sales meetings and other communication functions in the hotel.
- Establish and maintain appropriate filing system on accounts identified with potential. This system can be automated or manual or a combination of both.
- Co-ordinate functions and activities with other departments as well as the Pan Pacific Regional & International offices.
- Co-operate and accept other special assignments from the Director of Sales and/or Sales Managers.as required.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated administrative professional that has the ability to accomplish tasks efficiently and with a high level of accuracy. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
- Two (2) years in a sales administration capacity within the Hotel industry preferred.
- Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office/Reservations experience an asset.
- Post-secondary education in Hotel Management and/or Administrative Studies, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in preparing RFPs (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask & meet deadlines in a high-pressure work environment
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an advanced level of Excel and an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Word, Publisher & Power Point, proficiency with outlook, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs – Opera, Lanyon, and Sabre are an asset.
- Minimum 50 wpm typing speed and high level of accuracy.
- Solid work experience in managing effective administrative procedures and programs essential.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in producing professional business documents and communications.
How To Apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY HERE
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.