Sales Manager, Canadian Association & International Corporate & Association
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales, this position oversees and co-directs all aspects of the sales functions for the Canadian Association and International Corporate & Association Group segment of the hotel. This position is required to have a strong knowledge and working experience of Corporate & Association Group business in Canada and internationally. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the maintenance of existing accounts, development and qualifications of new accounts, establishment and maintenance and revenue goals and active participation in related organizations.
The key responsibilities of the Sales Manager include but are not limited to:
- Business development of new Canadian Association and International Corporate & Association Groups.
- Oversee ongoing client relations with Group accounts, contract negotiations and hotel representation at industry related events.
- Network with business influencers and decision makers ensuring the Pan Pacific Vancouver is visible and professionally presented.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Director of Sales and Sales team focusing on market intelligence and personal activity.
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e, measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Maximize and achieve all sales personal productivity and targeted Room Revenue goals by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans, which are reviewed by the Director of Sales; ensures achievement of overall hotel goals supersedes individual concerns.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance following hotel performance and short-term forecast in need periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Provide clear directions that simplify the role of support associates.
- Support the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as required from time to time.
- Provide precise, clear, and timely communication, special reports or events as may be required by the Director of Sales.
Commitment - Displays obligation and dedication to the Hotel, guests and associates; is flexible, willing and able to meet business requirements and be able to attend business functions in both daytime and evenings during the week and on weekends.
Result Driven - Demonstrates concern and shows passion for achieving or surpassing results against an internal or external standard of excellence; recognizes and capitalizes on opportunities; sets and maintains high performance standards for self and others that support Hotel's strategic plan and holds self accountable for achieving results; is motivated by success and passionate about working and achieving higher results; persists to complete responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties, and is optimistic and tenacious throughout.
Professionalism - Displays the behaviours and competency that are expected of the position and the Hotel. Regulates own behaviour, comprehends organizational structure and culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Independence / Autonomy - Understands the appropriate boundaries and context of the position in the execution of the responsibilities of the position.
Adaptability - Adapting and responding to changing conditions, priorities, technologies and requirements; recognizes new information and ideas with a willingness to alter opinions and behaviours; applies versatility, reasoning and innovativeness in the face of change; ability to comfortably collaborate in a variety of situations and with diverse individuals.
Communication - Expressing and transmitting information with consistency and clarity; using active listening techniques in order to effectively understand provide feedback; adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience's language and level of understanding; takes others' perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange; ability to provide a high level of quality in both oral and written communication.
Negotiation - Capable of listening and assimilating information from others, identifying various potential outcomes and consequences, presenting persuasive arguments and winning concessions while maintaining relationships; gain support for ideas, proposals and solutions from others; reaches deals and compromises that works best for the organization; considers other opinions while holding strong to firm directions and goals.
Networking and Relationship Building - Effectively builds constructive, friendly, professional relationships and networks of key contacts with people and colleagues; maintains partnerships that can provide information, assistance, support and new continued business.
Qualifications and Technical Experience.
- Minimum two (2) years in a sales capacity within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals.
- Active involvement in the Canadian and International market is an asset.
- Undergraduate degree from and accredited university, college or hotel school and asset or equivalent level of experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills; Attention to detail and follow- through imperative
- Experience in preparing RFP's (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
- Must have flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver's license and vehicle.
- Computer skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including and intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
How to Apply
Please apply through the Website including your current resume and cover letter.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.