Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Security Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing protection, safety, and security for guests, employees and the physical property according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
The key responsibilities of the Security Officer include but are not limited to:
• Maintains professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact and uses Associate/guest names
• Walks through all guest floors and corridors and all World Trade Center floors and corridors, checks doors, elevators, lights, fire equipment, storage areas and stairwells
• Notes all fire, security and safety problems during shift, takes corrective/preventive measures and informs the Rooms Division Manager of action taken
• Responds to all medical emergency calls throughout the hotel and World Trade Center as the first responder to perform first aid and or life saving techniques as required
• Administers First Aid to injured Associates in accordance with the Workers’ Compensation Board Act.
• Responds to all reported disturbance calls throughout the hotel and World Trade Center, providing notice of warning to those involved as required
• Responds to all 4500 calls regarding undesirable persons and if necessary, removes undesirable persons from the Hotel
• Protects Associates/guests of the Hotel from acts of obnoxious guests
• Advises Rooms Division Manager of all activities by Associates that are inconsistent with Hotel policies
• Ensures all security precautions are taken at special functions, banquets, parties, etc.
• Checks all unattended cash drawers and maintains general surveillance when Hotel funds are at risk
• Reports maintenance and housekeeping problems to department Managers
• Maintains chronological log on all security functions performed during shift and completes incident reports as required
• Performs Associate security spot checks as required; Ensures duties on task list are completed
• Assists Rooms Division Manager and Team Leader in special investigations; Performs other related duties as required
• Liaises with VPD or RCMP as required to gain or exchange information on special events such as protests, gang related activity, VIP visits etc.
This Person’s Decision-Making Authority Includes:
• Day-to-day procedures and routines governing this function; Authority as assigned by the direct report.
• Ultimate authority with respect to the transport decision of an injured Associate.
• Ultimate authority with respect to the administration of first aid to an injured associate.
• Authority to notify external emergency services where required.
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Ability to stand in one place for extended periods of time and perform multiple interior and exterior patrols of Hotel
- Valid Security license and Advanced Security Training (AST) is required
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in security field is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Criminal Code and municipal by-laws; Valid Level 2 Occupational First Aid Certificate
- Able to demonstrate excellent Interpersonal skills, Conflict resolution skills and Observational skills
- Possesses sound decision-making abilities; Research and investigative skills
- Knowledge of Hotel security policies and procedures; Knowledge of Hotel functions; Knowledge of Hotel layout
- Typing/Basic Computer skills (MS Word, Outlook)
- Ability to write clear and concise Daily Reports and Incident Reports
How to apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY NOW
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.