Security Team Leader
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Rooms Division Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Security Department to ensure a smooth operation while taking an active role in providing protection, safety, and security for guests, employees and the physical property according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Vancouver.
The key responsibilities of the Security Team Lead include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the Security team and contract security services (when applicable) to ensure the smooth operation of Security functions.
• Cover shift duties of a security officer on a daily basis; maintain professional internal/external guest service: smiles, creates eye contact and uses employee/guest names.
• Participate in recruitment, selection, training and performance management of all Security associates; act as a resource to associates.
• Train and assesses new security associates on fire life and safety aspects as they apply to the hotel and the World Trade Centre.
• Monitor performance of the Security Department, prepare performance evaluations and report findings to the Rooms Division Manager; Train new associates on Security, Fire, Life and Safety, WHMIS, OH&S and violence in the workplace.
• Monitor work hours and scheduling of Security associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes including paid meetings, training sessions and special occasion security needs; Prepare Security Department bi-weekly schedules
• Ensure accurate reports are prepared at the end of each shift including daily log book entries, incident reports, fire alarm and medical reports; Respond to complaints from guests, patrons and associates when called upon and conduct necessary investigations.
• Make recommendations to the Rooms Division Manager on how various aspects of hotel security and safety can be improved and encourage same from all security associates.
• Keep the Rooms Division Manager apprised of all activities by associates and others that are not consistent with the house rules, goals and policies of the hotel.
• Maintain on-going communications with the Vancouver Police Department, RCMP VIP Section and any other security agencies and assist with special security arrangements for VIP visits when requested.
• Participate in chairing quarterly Security meetings.
• Reports maintenance and housekeeping problems to department Managers.
• Performs other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
This Person’s Decision-Making Authority Includes:
• Day-to-day procedures and routines governing this function; Authority as assigned by the direct report.
• Ultimate authority with respect to the transport decision of an injured Associate.
• Ultimate authority with respect to the administration of first aid to an injured associate.
• Authority to notify external emergency services where required.
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Frequent standing and walking throughout the shift.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Basic Security Training (BST) is required in this position
• Valid Level 2 or 3 Occupational First Aid Certificate is required in this position
• Advanced Security Training (AST) is considered an asset
• Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of previous experience in security or safety officer position.
• Demonstrated leadership experience and organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail is a must.
• Knowledge of Criminal Code and municipal by-laws is considered an asset
• Able to demonstrate excellent Interpersonal skills, Conflict resolution skills and Observational skills.
• Possesses sound decision-making abilities; Research and investigative skills.
• Remain “on-call” 24 hours per day, 7 days per week (excluding annual leave) and respond to all pertinent calls for assistance from an on-duty Security Officer, Duty Manager or Executive Committee Member.
• Knowledge of Hotel security policies and procedures; Knowledge of Hotel functions; Knowledge of Hotel layout.
• Typing/Basic Computer skills (MS Word, Outlook)
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.