Server, Room Service
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Service One Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering food and beverage products to guest rooms in a fast-paced, high quality dining experience, according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.. Additionally this person will be responsible to serve and interact with guests and patrons as a Bartender on the Pool deck when required.
The key responsibilities of the Room Service Server include but are not limited to:
• Prepare Room Service table for guest order deliveries and gift orders; clean up and pre-set the department for next meal period as per the Pan Pacific Vancouver standard.
• Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests’ requests; ensure attentive service at all times.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages brands and descriptions available in Room Service.
• Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and all wines on the wine list.
• Prepare beverages for guests in a timely manner using proper bartending techniques on the Pool Deck.
• Maintain knowledge of all menu items, preparation method, ingredients, sauces, preparation time, garnishes, presentation and prices.
• Be familiar with all Hotel services, features and local attraction, activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Ensure accuracy of guests name and room number of each order for delivery; Maintain complete knowledge of guest room layout, locations.
• Prepare foods items in the absence of scheduled Cook during the graveyard shift.
• Communicate with all staff members and liaise with associated department as required.
• Assist in emergency situations; Communicate problems or potential improvements to Team Lead and/or Service One Manager.
• Assists in working in other food & beverage outlets when required; May be required to assist in Service One switchboard area.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Completes duties in a quick and efficient manner.
• Serves guests in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
• Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Individual must be highly motivated and possess excellent communication and excellent interpersonal skills
• Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• One (1) year Food and Beverage experience in a similar setting required.
• Previous experience as a Server is an asset
• “Serving it Right” Certificate required.
• Knowledge of Food Safe and clearing procedures.
• Knowledge of food and menu items; mixed drinks, beverage preparation, wines & spirits
• Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.