Service One Agent - Graveyard
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Service One Manager and/or Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing superior operator service in a friendly and efficient manner to Pan Pacific Vancouver Guests and Associates. This position will handle all guest inquires and requests, with one call, taking suitable action to meet and exceed the guests expectations. Additionally this individual will be scheduled as a Room Service Server and will be responsible for delivering food and beverage products to guest rooms in a fast-paced, high quality dining experience.
The key responsibilities of the Service One Agent include but are not limited to:
- Attend to all incoming and outgoing calls; correctly transfers all calls to locals/voicemails.
- Handle all incoming calls to Service One in a timely manner and dispatching information to appropriate departments; Record guest requests on assigned sheets for future follow up
- Receive the ordering of items and input in Micros from the following outlets: Breakfast door knobs, Room Service calls, Banquet Room call downs, and general orders from guests/clients. This includes reception items & gifts; preparing of gift request sheet and co-ordinates delivery with Room Service Dept.
- Able to upsell and give information to guests on products and services available at Pan Pacific Vancouver.
- Handle in coming Restaurant reservations for outlets, Festive Desk and special events.
- Handle emergency calls efficiently and dispatch emergency calls as per Pan Pacific Vancouver set guidelines.
- Address guest’s complaints; forwards concerns to the appropriate Department Manager or Duty Manager when required.
- Replace telecom equipment in guest room suites when required; assists with set-up/breakdown of meeting room telecommunication including DSL when required.
- Perform administrative duties for department and other departments when required; close bills and complete remittance including private bar, room service, gift & hospitality suites orders; Distributes gratuities.
- Report damage and recommends improvements to communication systems where applicable.
- Ensure all task lists are completed and recorded neatly and assist in keeping work area clean and neat.
- Help out Room Service Servers by preparing the service tables for guest orders, deliveries, and gift orders; clean up and preset the department for next meal period.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical aspects of the Service One Agent position include but are not limited to the following:
- Involves prolonged computer use throughout the shift.
- Must be able to exert physical effort, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask in a high-pressure work environment.
- Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements
- Understands the concept of a 24-hour business and be prepared to respond reasonably to the needs of Hotel.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
- Previous experience in a guest service position; High-volume telephone call experience an asset.
- Minimum (1) one year Food & Beverage experience in a similar capacity.
- Post-secondary education in Tourism or Hospitality Management is an asset.
- “Serving it Right” Certificate required; Knowledge of food safety and hygiene.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills; Experience using hotel programs - Opera and PBX is an asset. Minimum 40 wpm typing speed and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills; Polished verbiage and professional sounding voice and tone required.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the City’s attractions, including restaurants, tourist sites, and shopping areas an asset
- Ability to sell and/or up-sell; Sound cash handling skills.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: APPLY HERE
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.