Service One Agent
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Service One Manager and/or Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing superior operator service in a friendly and efficient manner to Pan Pacific Vancouver Guests and Associates. This position will handle all guest inquires and requests, with one call, taking suitable action to meet and exceed the guests expectations.
The key responsibilities of the Service One Agent include but are not limited to:
- Attends to all incoming and outgoing calls; correctly transfers all calls to locals/voicemails.
- Handles all incoming calls to Service One in a timely manner and dispatching information to appropriate departments.
- Guest requests to be recorded on assigned sheets for future follow up
- Receive the ordering of items and input in Micros from the following outlets: Breakfast door knobs, Room Service calls, Banquet Room call downs, and general orders from guests/clients. This includes reception items & gifts; preparing of gift request sheet and co-ordinates delivery with Room Service Dept.
- Able to upsell & give information to guests on products/services available at Pan Pacific Vancouver.
- Handles in coming Restaurant reservations for outlets, Festive Desk and special events.
- Handles emergency calls efficiently and dispatches 4500 calls as per Pan Pacific Vancouver set guidelines.
- Addresses guest’s complaints; forwards concerns to the appropriate Department Manager or in Duty Manager when required.
- Replaces telecom equipment in guest room suites when required; assists with set-up/breakdown of meeting room telecommunication including DSL when required.
- Performs administrative duties for department and other departments when required; closes bills and completes remittance including private bar, room service, gift & hospitality suites orders. Helps keep work area clean and neat; distributes gratuities.
- Reports damage and recommends improvements to communication systems where applicable.
- Ensures all task lists are completed and recorded neatly.
- Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Physical aspects of the Service One Agent position include but are not limited to the following:
- Involves prolonged computer use throughout the shift.
- Individual must be highly motivated and possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills, time management with an ability to multitask in a high-pressure work environment.
- Conflict resolution skills; Ability to ‘read’ guests’ expectations and requirements
- Understands the concept of a 24-hour business and be prepared to respond reasonably to the needs of Hotel.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Previous experience in a guest service position; High-volume telephone call experience an asset.
- Minimum (1) one year Food & Beverage experience in a similar capacity.
- Post-secondary education in Tourism or Hospitality Management is an asset.
- “Serving it Right” Certificate required; Knowledge of food safety and hygiene.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills; Experience using hotel programs - Opera and PBX is an asset. Minimum 40 wpm typing speed and a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills; Polished verbiage and professional sounding voice and tone required.
- Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the City’s attractions, including restaurants, tourist sites, and shopping areas an asset
- Ability to sell and/or up-sell; Sound cash handling skills.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are:
•Members of visible minorities
•Persons with disabilities
•Aboriginal peoples, and