Service One Team Lead (Switchboard)
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Service One Manager, the Team Lead will fulfil supervisory responsibilities in both Service One and Room Service in the absence of the Manager ensuring quality service and presentation standards established by the Hotel are met. This candidate must be flexible, committed and have a strong desire to develop his/her career in management.
The key responsibilities of the Service One Team Lead include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all Service One and Room Service associates; responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operation in the absence of the Manager, ensures that the associates provides quality service to all hotel guests and respond to guest concerns, complaints, and overall feedback.
- Assist and support the Room Service Department by setting up Room Service tables, organizing gift deliveries and expediting food from kitchen, etc.
- Assist with internet inquiries and/or troubleshooting for guests, calling in technical assistance calls.
- Attend to all incoming and outgoing calls according to Standard Operating Procedures; Respond to emergency calls and contact appropriate individuals; Have a full understanding of all emergency procedures within Pan Pacific Hotel.
- Resolve guest and associate complaints and issues
- Monitors work hours and scheduling of associates by making minor changes based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
- Participates in training of all department associates; acts as a resource to associates.
- Ensures that all telecom equipment is in working order, and takes appropriate action when required. Able to report a ‘service call out’ during office hours and after hours. Report damage and recommend improvements to Communication System
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
- May be required to work Agent shifts from time to time to maximize hours
- Performs other duties within Food and Beverage, as assigned or required.
Attention to detail - Able to maintain sustained level of concentration ensuring quality and a high level of accuracy is present at all times.
Service Orientation - Displays a commitment to quality guest service at all times, values the supplying of accurate and timely information and relates to people from diverse backgrounds and continually strives for improvement.
Professionalism - Regulates own behaviour, understanding the hotel culture and acts appropriately in the execution of duties.
Decisiveness - Proven consistency in making sound decisions sometimes in pressurized or time-sensitive environments and service.
Initiative - Demonstrates the tendency to contribute ideas and initiate new ways of working, shows enthusiasm for project work and special assignments.
Leadership - Leads by example in behaving in an honest and trustworthy manner; treats others fairly; builds strong and trusting relationships with others; practices open communication.
Team Building - Promotes team achievement, contributes to the development and success of department objectives; supports and encourages team members; is respectful, actively listens to and seeks out opinions and ideas from the team.
Interactive Communication - Adapts content, style, tone and medium of communication to suit the target audience’s language and level of understanding; takes others’ perspectives into account when communicating or presenting information; facilitates open communication and information exchange.
Conflict Management - Defuses difficult situations by being assertive; facilitates discussions between parties to explore differences and help find common ground; uses tactful approach to work with others to identify solutions to emerging conflicts and or issues.
Developing Others - Supports individual development and improvement by providing effective performance feedback and support, reinforcing strengths and identifying areas for improvement and ways to improve performance and competence; encourages staff to develop and apply their skills; provides positive comments regarding others’ abilities or potential even in difficult cases; creates mentoring opportunities.
Qualifications and Technical Experience:
- Candidate must have a minimum of 1 – 2 years of previous related supervisory experience.
- Previous Front Office or Call Centre experience would be considered an asset. Must have strong food and beverage experience and demonstrate understanding of food and beverage service techniques, with a solid hands-on-approach to the F&B Operations.
- Must have experience working with hotel systems, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Micros, Opera and the telephone meridian systems.
- Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset.
- Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate required.
How To Apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY NOW
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.