Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for responding directly to Guest requests relating to maintenance issues and providing immediate attention to all trouble or emergency calls relating to the maintenance and operation of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Shift Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide immediate attention to any guest request; Direct liaison with all other operating departments.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Respond and follow up to guest calls, requests and comment cards.
- Inspect and ensure smooth operation of mechanical and electrical systems in the hotel such as HVAC, swimming pools, and domestic water systems.
- Complete preventative maintenance work orders as assigned.
- Identify and report problems that require follow-up.
- Maintains accurate log and maintenance records (equipment and shift records).
- Identify building load conditions (heating and cooling) and schedule the operation of equipment efficiently.
- Schedule energy management system to optimize energy savings (DDC).
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates
- Be self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision
- Strong observational skills and attention to detail; Ability to prioritize
- Candidate must have demonstrated excellent organizational skills and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision
- Be proactive in recommending reliability upgrades and performance improvements to mechanical systems
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Three to five (3-5) years’ previous mechanical maintenance experience (hotel experience an asset).
- Must have electrical and mechanical trouble shooting skills and ability.
- Pneumatic controls experience required.
- Ability to work in cramped spaces and heights; able to lift/ move heavy equipment and objects.
- Knowledge of safety and emergency policies and procedures, including WHMIS and LOCKOUT.
- Automation system (DDC) experience required, able to analyze and adjust system controls.
- Competent in the use of hand and power tools; Competent in the use of engineering instruments and testers.
- Ability to weld and solder an asset.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with Microsoft Office Suite.
How to Apply
Please submit your applicate with your current resume through hotel website.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.