Social Media & Public Relations Manager
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the General Manager, the Social Media/Public Relations Manager will be responsible for developing our national, regional and local campaign strategies and will research, identify and implementing a strategic plan, inclusive of social media and public relations in alignment with the hotel marketing plan. The Manager will also be responsible for public relations and an effective social media presence including blogging, social network initiatives, social news participation, link building, and managing the Hotel’s community profile.
The successful candidate will have the ability to navigate between creative and analytical skills, have excellent verbal and written communication. They will be responsible for maintaining standards of the hotel, including look, feel and consistency of messaging across initiatives. This position will liaise with the General Manager and other key stakeholders.
The key responsibilities of the Social Media & Public Relations Manager include but are not limited to:
Public Relations Responsibilities
- Responsible for press releases, promotion of events, product launches, special offers and services, and developing a press kit template, including copywriting and proofreading, for communications materials, including story ideas and blog posts.
- Qualifies all media requests and manages media visits/sites, including those received from tourism industry partners.
- Designs and coordinates E-Blasts. Responsible for building and maintaining the Public Relations and Media database, maintaining the hotel’s image library and organizing photo shoots.
- Works with the Director of Revenue and the Director of Sales to assists in the implementation of special events with corresponding promotional materials and associated media interaction and manages advertising for in-hotel promotions.
- Designs and tracks appropriate metrics to evaluate the success of the PR mediums used, as well as the success of event campaigns and initiatives; produce report on a monthly basis.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Designs the strategy for social media, and manages the day-to-day social media activities maintaining our content distribution through multiple channels including but not limited to the hotel website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, and Foursquare.
- Write, coordinate and keep current, the Hotel’s Blog (roomwithaviewblog.com) and deliver Live social updates and photography at hotel special events ;
- Liaises with major local, national and international bloggers and related social media websites and suppliers, top influencers and industry insiders to optimize coverage for the Hotel;
- Designs and tracks appropriate metrics to evaluate the success of the social mediums used, as well as the success of event campaigns and initiatives covered; produce report on a monthly basis.
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university or college in Marketing or Communications an asset or equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in professional social media, online communications, digital or related fields, with direct experience in copywriting.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing,
Strong familiarity with online social networking tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogs) and knowledge of online technology with particular interest in blogs, social networks, virtual worlds, mobile and other emerging trends.
- Experience or knowledge with Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Experience and demonstrated ability in dealing with magazine editors, publicist, creative directors and dealing with the media and handling day-to-day public relations activities including writing news releases.
- Strong understanding of Brands and their online needs.
- Able to work well independently and can manage promotional partners and external vendors for on-time and on-budget delivery of marketing materials.
- Photography Skills – Demonstrated ability in taking high quality photographs for use in promoting the hotel.
- Flexibility to work various days of the week dependent on hotel and community events.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
Please include in your cover letter and resume direct hyperlinks to your professional portfolio as it relates to this position.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.