Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful candidate has an overall responsibility for the efficient and effective running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring operating costs are minimized in a professional and friendly manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel.
The key responsibilities of the Sous Chef include but are not limited to:
• Execution of all company policies and procedures, ensuring that all services provided achieve the established standards within the agreed budgetary controls.
• Advise the Executive Chef on all matters relating to the kitchen area and ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic practice throughout the kitchen.
• Assist the Executive Chef in budgeting – i.e. food cost/payroll/etc. As directed, control all overheads/achieve food cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial action.
• Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running of the day-to-day operation.
• Assist the Executive Chef and Director of Purchasing, as needed, to maintain control of the standards for purchasing and receiving items.
• Test and evaluate products for quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding qualities/market price/waste usage of leftovers.
• Constantly inspect all food service sections during service time to ensure that standards are maintained.
• Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling maintenance.
Must be physically fit – involves long periods of standing.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; demonstrated ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to positively manage, lead and teach a large culinary team, while maintaining a desire for continued self-development.
• Has a restaurant approach to food presentation and preparation, yet able to produce on a large scale.
• Excellent knowledge of cutting edge buffet presentation and setups.
• Able to create personalize and creative food amenities.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle internal/external guest related situations.
• Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Minimum 2+ years’ experience as a Sous Chef or equivalent kitchen and management experience.
• Demonstrated experience with ordering, scheduling and inventory management.
• Experience creating and establishing control systems that ensure quality and portion consistency, monitor food shipments to ensure they meet established purchasing specifications.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle website: www.panpacificseattle.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.