Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Service One and Stewarding Manager the Stewarding Supervisor is responsible to lead, assist and supervise the daily operations of the Stewarding department, showing care and inspection of all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment to ensure a superior standard. In addition, this position will be required to work closely with other departments to ensure smooth work flow within the division.
The key responsibilities of the Stewarding Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Lead and supervise the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure the smooth operation of the Stewarding function; Oversee the day-to-day operations of the stewarding department in the absence of Manager
- Monitor work hours, scheduling and vacation planning of Stewarding associates while adhering to budgeted labour costs based on hotel occupancy and work volumes; review the schedule regularly to ensure the ‘right number of associates are in the right place at the right time’.
- Work closely together with other departments to ensure the smooth flow of work in food preparation and F&B service, including restaurant events, banquet set-ups, dish-up, buffets and breakdown.
- Ensure cleanliness of the areas through proper job task lists and cleaning schedules for consistent high level of compliance with Hotel Standards and Vancouver Coastal health authorities’ expectations.
- Ensure upkeep all of equipment through periodic planned scheduling of special cleaning and polishing.
- Monitor and manage equipment inventory audits to ensure optimum work resources.
- Maintain a safe working environment in all sections of stewarding within the kitchens.
- Participate in recruitment, selection, training and performance management of all Stewarding associates; acts as a resource to associates.
- Performs other duties within Food and Beverage, as assigned or required.
- Physically capable of heavy labour assignments including pushing, pulling, lifting and standing for long periods of time.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
- Candidate must have a minimum of six (6) months of experience in large scale food and beverage operation; Stewarding and Kitchen department preferred; Supervisory experience is considered an asset.
- Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety standards and WHIMIS.
- “Serving It Right” Certificate, Certified in Food Handling and Food Safe 1
- Demonstrated organizational skills with an excellent eye for detail is a must.
- Proven ability to handle high stress and work under frequent peak period conditions.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite
- Diploma / degree in Hospitality Management preferred.
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume.
All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: Apply Now
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.