Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Cost Controller, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering Storeroom food items to all food and beverage outlets in a timely and efficient manner.
In addition this position will be responsible for maintaining the storeroom cleanliness in accordance to standards and rotate stock accordingly.
The key responsibilities of the Storeroom Runner include but are not limited to:
• Receive and deliver storeroom goods (food & beverage items) to all designated areas in the Hotel.
• Fill out storeroom requisition forms.
• Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation standards of the storeroom at all times.
• Provide a communication link between the kitchen and storeroom.
• Assist other associates within the storeroom in the storing of food and non-food items, and in ensuring that all items are properly rotated.
• Collect recycling from the each guest room floor and unload in the bins provided at the loading dock.
• Ensures all duties on task list are completed.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards
• Performs other related duties as required
Physically capable of heavy labour assignments including pushing, pulling, lifting and standing for long periods of time.
• Contribute an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics and grooming.
• Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Knowledge of food and beverage products and hotel storeroom operations an asset.
• Observational skills; Ability to read and understand English.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.