Team Leader - Service One
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance of the Service One Manager, the Team Lead will fulfil supervisory responsibilities in both Service One and Room Service in the absence of the Manager ensuring quality service and presentation standards established by the Hotel are met. This candidate must be flexible, committed and have a strong desire to develop his/her career in management.
The key responsibilities of the Service One Team Lead include but are not limited to:
• Supervise all Service One and Room Service associates; responsible for the smooth running of the day to day operation in the absence of the Manager, ensures that the associates provides quality service to all hotel guests and respond to guest concerns, complaints, and overall feedback.
• Assist and support the Room Service Department by setting up Room Service tables, organizing gift deliveries and expediting food from kitchen, etc.
• Assist with internet inquiries and/or troubleshooting for guests, calling in technical assistance calls.
• Attend to all incoming and outgoing calls according to Standard Operating Procedures; Respond to emergency calls and contact appropriate individuals; Have a full understanding of all emergency procedures within Pan Pacific Hotel.
• Resolve guest and associate complaints and issues
• Monitors work hours and scheduling of associates by making minor changes based on hotel occupancy and work volumes.
• Participates in training of all department associates; acts as a resource to associates.
• Ensures that all telecom equipment is in working order, and takes appropriate action when required. Able to report a ‘service call out’ during office hours and after hours. Report damage and recommend improvements to Communication System
• Maintain professional business confidentiality as required
• May be required to work Agent shifts from time to time to maximize hours
• Performs other duties within Food and Beverage, as assigned or required.
The successful candidate will be a committed guest service oriented professional who leads by example setting standards of excellence for work to be completed. This person will be able to manage multiple priorities and tasks with a willingness to approach new challenges and adjust plans to meet priorities. This position will require the candidate to work within a team environment and be a strong communicator.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
Candidate must have a minimum of 1 – 2 years of previous related supervisory experience.
Previous Front Office or Call Centre experience would be considered an asset. Must have strong food and beverage experience and demonstrate understanding of food and beverage service techniques, with a solid hands-on-approach to the F&B Operations.
Must have experience working with hotel systems, preference given to candidates with knowledge of Micros, Opera and the telephone meridian systems.
Have excellent verbal communication & interpersonal skills; Fluent written and spoken English; 2nd language would be considered an asset.
Diploma / degree in Hospitality management preferred.
“Serving It Right” Certificate required.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.