Valet - Guest Services
Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle
Reporting to the Manager on Duty, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing an exceptional valet parking experience for each guest in a safe and efficient manner. Valets must anticipate the unique needs of each guest and look to exceed their expectation in each interaction while maintaining a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times and in a manner according to the standards of the Pan Pacific Hotel
The key responsibilities of the Valet include but are not limited to:
• Greet guests and non-guests on arrival and departure from the hotel with a smile.
• Facilitate the guests’ access to and use of the hotel and area by offering information, direction and assistance.
• Anticipate guests’ needs such as opening of vehicle doors, assistance with wheelchairs/strollers, holding umbrellas, etc.
• Safely perform valet services of parking, retrieving, and delivering guest vehicle for the hotel and 2200 Westlake establishments.
• Safe operation of guests’ vehicles in accordance with all applicable laws, ordinances and Pan Pacific Hotels Group policies.
• Handle cash, valet tickets, keys and equipment in accordance with Pan Pacific Hotels Group policies.
• Perform concierge duties as needed. Hail taxicabs and stand at the front door or designated area in order to provide timely and efficient assistance.
• Ensure a clean working area by keeping the area neat and free of debris.
• Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times, including abiding by Pan Pacific Hotels Group uniform policies.
• Conducts all duties in accordance with any legal or mechanical guidelines.
• Assists other departments when required.
• Performs other related duties as required
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully in a polished professional manner is critical.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere; ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and handle sensitive guest related situations.
• Maintains professional business confidentiality as required.
• Individual must be highly motivated and able to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience as a valet in a hotel/restaurant environment is preferred
• Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs on a constant basis
• Able to walk or stand for up to 8 hours at a time
• Must be 21 years old or older (for insurance purposes)
• Must have a valid Washington State Driver’s license and be able to drive standard transmission vehicles. Candidate must have a good driving record (able to provide record on request)
• Knowledge of Hotel facilities, security precautions and sound knowledge of the Seattle area is required
• Must have keen attention to detail
• Fluent spoken English is mandatory; additional language(s) is considered an asset
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle website: www.panpacificseattle.com/careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Hotel Seattle is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce and as a result, it promotes employment equity.
The Pan Pacific Seattle thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.