COVID-19 Updates and New Protocols
The safety and well-being of our guests, associates and community continue to remain our top priority as we play our part in taking measures to help curb this global pandemic here in Sydney, Australia.
If you are at high-risk for COVID-19 exposure or are feeling unwell, we ask you to delay your travel plans. If you are unsure of how to assess yourself for COVID-19 symptoms, please visit the Australian Government of Health’s COVID-19 symptom checker.
As we enter the 'new normal' PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney remains a safe haven for your travels. We have implemented various new cleaning, sanitising and disinfecting policies and social distancing measures, including the following:
Arrival Experience & Public Spaces
- Guests will arrive at the property and access the building via automatic revolving doors.
- Tap and GO payments are encouraged.
- Until further notice we will not accept cash as payment.
- Express check-out is encouraged.
- Lobby furniture has been reconfigured in accordance with NSW government regulations.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout our public areas.
- We have enhanced the frequency of sanitization of all touchpoints throughout the hotel.
- Signage is in place, reminding our guests and associates to practise social distancing, and informing of enhanced hygiene and cleaning procedures.
- We ask that only travelling companions access the elevators together, the maximum capacity will be four guests.
- Hotel associates will not share elevators with guests.
- Digital What’s On Guides are available in the lobby.
- PARKROYAL Club Lounge has been temporarily closed, with Club room breakfast temporarily relocated to ABODE.Bistro. Bar, located on the ground floor. All Club Room privileges remain as previous, with a selection of drinks and canapés delivered to the room.
- Lift signage is placed in accordance with NSW government regulations.
- Porter trolleys are sanitised after every use.
Rooms & Housekeeping
- Our housekeeping team have increased frequency on cleaning, sanitising and disinfecting throughout guest rooms and public areas based on COVID Safe guidelines, and global hotel group initiative Pan Pacific Cares.
- Increased cleaning scope and frequency of cleaning with particular focus on high touch point sanitisation utilising a checklist provided, which is double checked before releasing guest rooms.
- A ‘Pan Pacific Cares’ door hanger will be placed outside of hotel rooms after the final clean by a housekeeping Supervisor, indicating confirmation of the above high touchpoint cleans.
- Prior to any guest arrival, single-use items are replaced, and every dish/utensil/ is sanitised between guest stays.
- Pens, stationery, alarm clocks, magazines and hotel information have been removed from rooms. However, these items are available upon request, along with robes and slippers.
- Waterproof pillow protectors have been introduced.
- Sanitizing wipes are included as part of all welcome amenity packs for all guests. PPE is also available on request from reception.
- In-room TV updated with post COVID procedures.
- Guest are given the options to have no room clean during their stay (but have fresh linen delivered and amenities on request only) or a reduced number of cleans (meaning less contact during guest stay).
Food & Beverage
- ABODE. Bar. Bistro is a registered COVID Safe business, complete with a COVID Safe Hygiene Marshall.
- Guests are to sanitise hands on entry and exit to the restaurant area.
- Guest are required to provide their contact details on entry (full name, phone number, email) to align with NSW government guidelines.
- ABODE. Bar. Bistro floor plan has been redesigned to adhere to NSW government regulations.
- Full table service is provided.
- Restaurant associate will control seating and monitor capacity of patrons in line with NSW government regulations and managing and enforcing of social distancing.
- All tables are cleaned and sanitised before and after every use.
- Associates will respect social distancing when taking and delivering food and beverage orders
- COVID-19 Safety Training has been completed by all Food & Beverage associates.
- Altered style of menus and service comply with NSW State regulations.
- Sustainable single use items will be utilised where appropriate and possible.
- All reading literature including all books, magazines, newspapers have been removed from public areas.
- High touch point sanitising is carried out throughout the bar, restaurant and kitchen area.
- Social distancing signage is present throughout the bar and restaurant areas.
- All meals are tray delivered by trolley, covered and left outside room door.
- Associates will adhere to 1.5m social distancing on delivery.
- Dockets are left on trolley for guests to sign.
Meetings & Events
- Offsite virtual site inspections via video or virtual tours with sales associates are available.
- Hybrid of events with virtual live streaming is available.
- Floor and seating plans are redesigned to ensure appropriate physical distancing between tables and seats per table.
- Hand sanitisers are placed in all meeting rooms and ballrooms for guests' use.
- Tables, chairs, shared equipment and meeting amenities are sanitised with healthcare grade disinfectant before and after every use; or disposed of if sanitisation is not possible.
- Individual bottled water is provided for every meeting.
- After each use, linen, including underlays, is replaced and laundered at 70 degrees Celsius according to the World Health Organisation's recommendation.
- Coffee break services are attended and served by our associates.
- Condiments are served in disposable sachets or sanitised individual containers.
- Safe distancing reminders, including signage and floor stickers, are placed prominently in meeting foyer areas.
- Every associate has undergone COVID-19 related training and is expected to maintain the highest standards of personal sanitization and handwashing protocols, as well as maintain social distancing in the back of the house where possible.
For Existing Bookings - Accommodation:
Existing bookings can be changed or cancelled for stays up to 31 July 2021.
For New Bookings - Accommodation:
Plan and book any future travel with peace of mind as you stay at any of our Pan Pacific, PARKROYAL COLLECTION or PARKROYAL hotels, resorts or serviced suites, for stays up to 31 July 2021.
- Flexible Rate: (No Change) enjoy the flexibility to change or cancel your reservation with fully changeable or refundable up to 24-hours prior to arrival (dependent on individual hotels’ house policy)
- Advance Purchase Rate and Non-refundable Rate: enjoy one-time complimentary change of stay dates when change is made up to three days prior to arrival.
- Limited Time Offers/Flash Sales (LTO) to follow rate specific cancellation and advance payment policies only.
- Pan Pacific DISCOVERY Members Rates: complimentary one-time transfer ownership of bookings to another Pan Pacific DISCOVERY member.
- Please refer to the specific rate’s terms and conditions for more details. Changing the stay dates on any reservations may result in different pricing.
Thank You for Your Support
We appreciate you choosing PARKROYAL Darling Harbour, Sydney and we look forward to welcoming you. If you have any questions or need help with your travel planning, please call us directly on +61 2 9261 1188 or email email@example.com
Find out more on our Global Initiative Pan Pacific Cares.