Included in this Package
- Accommodation in a spacious suite with fireplace, balcony and kitchen;
- Two (2) adult tickets to the Audain Art Museum (youths aged under 16 visit free);
- One (1) copy of "Masterworks from the Audain Art Museum", a stunning book highlighting 57 works in the Museum’s Permanent Collection;
- Complimentary self-parking for one (1) vehicle per night (with two (2) Electric Vehicle charging stations on site).
- November 11, 2017 to February 26, 2018 - Stone and Sky: Canada’s Mountain Landscape
- Lawren Harris and the Group of Seven shaped a vision of the landscape that remains synonymous with Canadian identity. Juxtaposing contemporary depictions of the natural landscape with historical perceptions, this exhibition brings together the work of iconic Canadian artists, including Lawren Harris, Emily Carr, W.P. Weston, Edward Burtynsky, John Hartman, N.E. Thing & Co.(IAIN BAXTER&), Gordon Smith and Kenojuak Ashevak.
- March 30, 2018 to June 11, 2018 - Beau Dick: Revolutionary Spirit
- The retrospective project, Beau Dick: Revolutionary Spirit, is an important art historical project for the Audain Art Museum to undertake and honours the legacy of this remarkable artist. The retrospective will provide insight into the complexities of traditional and contemporary Indigenous approaches to the creation of art on the West Coast. Beau Dick was an artist who was deeply rooted in the traditions of his Kwakwaka’wakw First Nation. He also challenges those traditions in order to create a distinctive artistic and cultural voice for himself within and outside of his Nation.
- June 30, 2018 to September 17, 2018 - Pop Art Prints
- Pop art is bold and brash. The subjects are familiar, the forms flat. The lines are crisp and the images clear. But in spite of its apparent simplicity, pop art transforms images lifted directly from advertising, news reports, and highway signs into sly commentaries on consumerism, our fascination with glamour, and the superficiality of contemporary American mass culture. This exhibition features 37 works drawn from the Smithsonian American Art Museum collection augmented with a suite of “Marilyn” prints by Warhol from the Vancouver Art Gallery collection.
- Tsimshian Chest, c. 1800-50, yellow cedar, pigment, 47.0 x 80.0 x 45.1 cm, Photo courtesy of Trevor Mills.
- James Hart (1954- ), The Dance Screen (The Scream Too), 2010-2013, Red cedar, yew wood, abalone, mica, acrylic, 332.0 x 479.0 x 35.7 cm, Audain Art Museum Collection, 2013.015, Gift of Michael Audain and Yoshiko Karasawa, Photo courtesy of Rachel Topham, Vancouver Art Gallery
- Emily Carr (1871-1945), The Crazy Stair (The Crooked Staircase), c. 1928-30, Oil on canvas, 110.2 x 65.7 cm, Audain Art Museum Collection, 2013.014, Photo courtesy of Heffel.com
Terms and conditions
- Rates are valid for stays until 21 November 2018
- Book by 19 November 2018
- Must book a minimum of 2 (two) days prior to arrival
- Winter / Summer cancellation policy applies as appropriate
- The Hotel reserves the right to terminate or amend promotional details without prior notice
- Rates are subject to prevailing government taxes
- Rates quoted are subject to availability, some restrictions, black out dates and minimum stays may apply
- Rates are based on minimum double occupancy. Extra adult charges may apply
- NOT to be combined with any other packages or promotions
- Must be booked and guaranteed with a valid credit card