Dishwasher - On Call Hourly Position
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out various cleaning and organizing tasks within an assigned designation for the day in support of the Service & Kitchen teams.
The key responsibilities of the Dishwasher include but are not limited to:
- Organizes work area as per agreed standard.
- Prepares equipment such as sinks, dishwasher, pot washer, compactor & Bailer ensuring that optimum operating protocols are met.
- Ware-washing, storage, sanitation of all dishes, glassware, flatware, pots and pans using dishwasher and or by hand in various kitchens.
- Sort all china, glass and silverware and put away in their respective location.
- Ensures that items/equipment is provided to the Service & Kitchen teams in the right place at the right time & in the right quantity.
- Clean, sanitize and polish all silver and banquet equipment.
- Restock chemicals and cleaning supplies as necessary.
- Participate in the quarterly equipment inventory.
- Ensuring that garbage & recycling removal is being done in a timely manner and done according to the hotel standards
- Ensures duties on appropriate task list are completed.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program.
- Performs other related duties as required
- Physically capable of heavy labour assignments including pushing, pulling, lifting and standing for long periods of time.
- Contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
- Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics and grooming.
- Self-motivated and able to complete responsibilities in a timely manner with little or no supervision.
- Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented.
- Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Qualifications and Technical Experience:
- Hotel/restaurant cleaning experience preferred
- Knowledge of WHMIS and safety standards; Food Safe certificate is an requirement
- Observational skills; Ability to read and understand English
- Good physical fitness and dexterity required
On Call, Hourly
Flexibility Required: Rotating Shifts, Graveyard shifts, Weekends & Holidays Required
The Pan Pacific Vancouver is committed to building skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and actively recruit members of Employment Equity designated groups. These groups are: Members of visible minorities Persons with disabilities Aboriginal peoples, and Women
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Apply Now button.
Please note a recent scam involves soliciting individuals for international employment via e-mail using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific name. Individuals are then asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application.
Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. These offers are fraudulent. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact us.
If you have been a victim of this scheme, please contact your local police department to report the matter.