The Best Romantic London Staycation Ideas for Couples
Planning a London local getaway with your significant other? We bring you the best staycation ideas in London to woo your loved one!
Whether you are celebrating a special occasion, such as a birthday or anniversary, or simply spending quality time together, you will want to create a magical experience in the British capital.
Read on for our guide to the best London local attractions and activities for couples, which includes:
- Where to Stay during your London Local Staycation
- Best London Restaurants for Date Night
- Romantic London Places of Interest for Couples
- Popular London Activities for Couples
Where to Stay During Your London Staycation
Location matters in the sprawling and labyrinthine city of London. By choosing a centrally located hotel such as Pan Pacific London, you and your loved one will enjoy proximity to London’s best places to visit, such as:
Tower of London
St Paul's Cathedral
Guildhall Art Gallery
Museum of London
That’s not all. If you plan on getting around London by public transport, Pan Pacific London is a mere two-minute walk from Liverpool Street station—a central railway terminus connected to these train lines:
Hammersmith & City
Also within walking distance (eight minutes) is the Moorgate station, which gives you access to the Northern line.
While convenience is a key consideration, do pay heed to the ambience of your staycation space, especially if you intend to ignite the spark of romance.
Commemorating a special occasion with your partner? You will want a luxury suite with:
Marble bathrooms with heated floors
Quality bath amenities
Pillow menu, to select the best pillow for your sleeping posture
At Pan Pacific London, everything is designed with your comfort in mind. Book our Pan Pacific Suite or Bishopsgate Suite for a lovebirds staycation in grand style, or browse our rooms to find a space that suits your needs.
Sign up for Pan Pacific DISCOVERY
Join Pan Pacific DISCOVERY and instantly receive Gold status as you begin your journey. Enjoy complimentary upgrade and late check-out privilege when you book direct (subject to availability).SIGN UP NOW
Best London Restaurants for Date Night
As one of the world’s top cosmopolitan cities, London has its fair share of fine dining outlets hogging the culinary headlines. Here is a selection of places where you can wine and dine your dearly beloved.
1. Lock eyes in one of London’s most romantic restaurants, Clos Maggiore, as your taste buds are swept up in the ecstatic delights of French-Italian cuisine. (Note: “Clos” means “enclosed” in French and “maggiore” is Italian for “greater.”) For an experience to swoon over, book a table in the enchanting conservatory—fairy lights included.
Get directions to Clos Maggiore (23-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)
2. Celebrate diversity at Sushi Samba, and discover a unique blend of Japanese, Brazilian, and Peruvian cuisine! For guests at Pan Pacific London, this restaurant is located next to our hotel, and offers splendid rooftop views over the city.
Get directions to Sushi Samba (1-minute walk from Pan Pacific London)
3. Extend your date into the early hours at Duck & Waffle, the highest 24-hour restaurant in London—40 floors up at the summit of the Heron Tower. For night owl guests at Pan Pacific London, this is an easy date night option, and if you plan to stay up all night talking, you could even catch the sunrise here!
Get directions to Duck & Waffle (1-minute walk from Pan Pacific London)
4. Savour authentic Portuguese food at Bar Duoro, complemented by exquisite Portuguese wines and lovely views across Finsbury Avenue Square.
Get directions to Bar Duoro (6-minute walk from Pan Pacific London)
5. Looking for a place with beautiful indoor greenery and an unparalleled view of London? Head to modern European restaurant 14 Hills, and you will not be disappointed.
Get directions to 14 Hills (10-minute walk from Pan Pacific London)
6. Prefer to stay in after a day of sightseeing? Pan Pacific London guests can cozy up at our in-house restaurant, Straits Kitchen. Here, you will discover authentic Singaporean cuisine, which takes its cue from a melting pot of Asian cultures. Post-dinner, proceed to our luxe bar Ginger Lily, which has an extensive champagne list and a carefully curated cocktail menu featuring Singapore-inspired concoctions.
Romantic London Places of Interest for Couples
Ready to explore London with your beloved? Don’t miss these top London attractions for couples.
Get directions to Tower Bridge (14-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)
2. Enjoy oysters and other delicious eats at Borough Market, London’s oldest and most famous street food market. You can spend a Saturday morning strolling around the market sampling all the local produce, and if you need a guide, TV chef Celia Brooks will gladly show you around in a three-hour market tour.
Get directions to Borough Market (16-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)
3. Tune in to each other’s secrets at the Whispering Gallery in St Paul’s Cathedral. The Whispering Gallery is a circular walkway responsible for a curious phenomenon—if you whisper along its curved wall, everything that you say can be heard by others along the same wall, even at the opposite end. To maximise your time here, check the cathedral’s website for updates on their guided tours.
Get directions to St Paul’s Cathedral (11-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)
4. Visit the ruins of St Dunstan in the East Church Garden—spend quality time in a green oasis with a storied past, and get to know one of London’s hidden gems.
Get directions to St Dunstan in the East Church Garden (13-minute walk from Pan Pacific London)
Popular London Activities for Couples
The couple that plays together, stays together! Discover London and create shared memories through these novel experiences.
1. For adrenaline-seeking couples, take a thrill ride down the river with speedboat specialists Thames Rockets. With a quick-witted guide and sharp skipper helming your tour, an excellent time is guaranteed.
2. Prefer the simple pleasures of a walk with an engaging storyteller? The world-famous London Walks are an entertaining way to spend two hours with your date. Walks are centred around crowd-pleasing themes, including The Beatles, Jack the Ripper, and ghost encounters. Alternatively, you can join the vibrant Street Art Walk, which takes place every Sunday at 11.00am—simply head to the meeting point just outside Liverpool Street station’s Bishopsgate West Exit. If you would like keepsake photos from your romantic getaway, consider booking a photo walk to see London in a fresh light, with camera in hand.
3. Hoping to rediscover London on wheels, as a couple? Book a cycling tour for two with these recommended providers.
4. Enjoy some private time together at Hyde Park, one of the world’s greatest city parks. There is plenty to see at your leisure, such as the fountains, memorials, and statues. Check the website for event updates as well, as there might be something interesting happening at Hyde Park during your staycation weekend!
Get directions to Hyde Park (30-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)
5. Plan a special night out at the Bridge Theatre, a fairly new London theatre located near Tower Bridge, featuring new plays and the occasional classic.
Get directions to Bridge Theatre (19-minute tube ride from Pan Pacific London)