Information Technology Executive
Pan Pacific Singapore
Responsibilities include managing and organizing the information technology customer service and coordinate with IT Head and the team to ensure maximum availability and continuity of information technology resources available in the property. Follow up with vendors in solving problems and support related issues in accordance to the established procedures issued by the management. Executes assigned tasks independently and with leadership quality demanded for this position.
- Responsible for the 1st level support of Hardware and Software related calls to the operational users. Attend IT support calls from users and log each call individually with detail description.
- Responsible for the entry, tracking and management of all incoming support calls. Priorities support calls and assign task accordingly to the appropriate resources.
- Follow up with the property IT Team personnel and Product Vendor/Supplier solving problems in due time.
- Work with the users and support team enforcing Service Level Management (SLM) process to ensure Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and underpinning Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) or contracts are met, and for ensuring that any adverse impact on service quality are kept to a minimum.
- Identify the needs of training and education for each user group and develop a continuous process of improvement in coordination with the PIE Department.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks. Develops and maintains technical and project documentation. Coordinates resources/personnel to various projects/tasks that are assigned to and records and reports on the activity to the management.
- Demonstrate expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures of Pan Pacific Hotels and Resorts. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Incident and Problem Management
- Be able to identify the nature of incidents and manage a close interface between the Incident Management process and the Problem Management and Change management processes as well as the function of Service Desk.
- Record the incident on the same database as the Problem, Known Error and Change records, or at least linked without the need for re-keying, to improve the interfaces and easy interrogation and reporting.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive recording of Incidents in order to identify efficiently the cause of the Incidents and trends. Evaluate Problem Management closely with the resources availability to identify these trends and instigate remedial action.
- Be able to identifying and determining Configuration items in a system, recording and reporting the status of configuration items and requests for change and verifying the completeness and correctness of configuration items.
- Be able to maintain Configuration Management processes with current, accurate and comprehensive information about all components in the infrastructure the management of Change, in particular.
- Be able to logging and implementation of Changes done under the control of a comprehensive Configuration Management system and that the impact assessment of Changes is done with the aid of the Configuration Management system.
- All Change requests should be entered in the Configuration Management Database and the records updated as the Change request progresses through to implementation.
- Analyses user requests/requirements and implements appropriate solutions in line with the corporate standard.
- Be able to process of controlling changes to the infrastructure or any aspect of services in a controlled manner, enabling approved changes with minimum disruption.
- Be able to understand before hand the Change management process of the configuration data to ensure the full impact of making Changes is known.
- Be able to understand the Change process are documented in SLAs to ensure that Users know the procedure for requesting Changes and the projected target times for, and impact of the implementation of Changes.
Asset and Financial Management
- Maintain a comprehensive Inventory of Hardware and Software Licenses and keep it up to date with the changes take place as and when.
- Be aware of IT operational budget and maintain IT expenses in line with the budget. Maximize use of available resources to save cost.
- Main accurate tracking and recording of IT operational expenses helping IT head for each IT process costs and to pass the information to the financial management for future planning and budgeting.
- Previous working experience in a LAN/WAN environment.
- Possess working knowledge of Hotel management business applications, Microsoft Desktop and Network Operating Systems, Antivirus and E-Mail/Internet systems.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office Suite. Familiarity with other Office packages is preferable.
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Proven record of working independently, a self starter.
- Good interpersonal and human relations skills.