Director, Association Sales
Pan Pacific Vancouver
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales, this position oversees and co-directs all aspects of the sales functions for the United States Association market for the hotel. This position is required to have a strong knowledge, working experience and existing relationships with Associations in the United States. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the maintenance of existing accounts, development and qualification of new accounts, establishment and maintenance of revenue goals and active participation in related organizations.
The key responsibilities of the Director, Association Sales include but are not limited to:
- Business development of new Association Group accounts located in the United States.
- Oversee ongoing client relations with Association Group accounts, contract negotiations and hotel representation at industry related events.
- Network with business influencers and decision makers ensuring the Pan Pacific Vancouver is visible and professionally presented.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Director of Sales and Sales team focusing on market intelligence and personal activity.
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Maximize and achieve all sales personal productivity and targeted Room Revenue goals by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans, which are reviewed by the Director of Sales; ensures achievement of overall hotel goals supersedes individual concerns.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance following hotel performance and short-term forecast in need periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Provide clear directions that simplify the role of support associates.
- Support the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Marketing Plan as requested by the Director of Sales; attend tradeshows, industry and major business functions as required.
- Co-operate and accept other assignments from the Director of Sales as and when required from time to time.
- Provide precise, clear, and timely communication, special reports or events as may be required by the Director of Sales.
The successful candidate will be committed, results-driven sales professional that has the ability build strong relationships and can deliver on goals through skilled negotiations with new and existing clients. This position will require the candidate to work independently and within a team environment and will be a strong communicator.
- Minimum five (5) years in a sales capacity within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals in the Association market.
- Active involvement in the United States Group market.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college or hotel school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiating and presentation skills; Attention to detail and follow-through imperative
- Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
- Must have the flexibility to incorporate international travel, evening and weekend work into their lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page on the Pan Pacific Vancouver website: www.panpacificvancouver.com /careers
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.