Pan Pacific Vancouver
Position Summary & Responsibilities
We are currently recruiting for the best talent to lead our culinary team as the Executive Chef. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Chef who is a leader and has the passion to create memorable experiences for our guests.
Located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, British Columbia, the Pan Pacific Vancouver is a luxurious Canadian iconic hotel towering over the Pacific Ocean with 23 stories of architectural beauty. The waterfront property eloquently boasts panoramic views of the harbour mountains, Stanley Park and the city skyline, like no other in the city. Our incredible location puts everything nearby. One of Vancouver’s leading hotels, the Pan Pacific Vancouver consists of 503 spacious guest rooms, over 42,000 square feet of event space, and offers a wide selection of modern hotel amenities including two waterfront restaurants. The new Pacific Club, a Hotel within a Hotel concept, provides the extra comfort and personalized and intimate experience with 39 suites including 5 ultra-luxury suites.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Executive Chef will manage a team of 50+ culinary associates and will lead the culinary operations of Oceans 999, Coal Harbour Bar, In-Room Dining and Banquets across 42,000 square feet of event space. In addition, the Executive Chef will provide assistance and guidance in the operations of the Stewarding department.
Our ideal candidate will:
· Have a hands-on leadership style, demonstrate a high level of standard for the culinary team and will be committed to providing exceptional guest service
· Be the source of new and creative ideas for the design of menus, dishes, display ware and buffet presentation while having a strong attention to detail to ensure consistency and quality in food production
· Manage effectively to ensure the effective and efficient use of resources are in line with budget and forecast
· Have a positive and engaging leadership style and can build strong relationships with others
· Facilitate open communication and information exchange, works with anticipation to identify and effectively manage any conflicts that arise in the workplace
· Be highly organized, have the ability to plan and organize others to ensure the timely completion of tasks
· Have a genuine interest in the development of the culinary team, continuously coaching and providing opportunities for associates to learn and grow
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in a high volume combined restaurant and banquet kitchen management team of four or five star hotels/restaurants.
- Trade Qualified – Red Seal or equivalent. Certified in Food Handling and HACCAP.
- Degree in Hospitality/Culinary Management preferred.
- Proven record in delivering operating results in high volume 4 to 5 star hotel/restaurants.
- Demonstrated achievements in building a large and multi-faceted cohesive and motivated team.
- Excellent oral & written communication including fluency in written and spoken English.
- Competent in the use of a computer including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How To Apply
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY NOW
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.