Food Hygiene Officer
Pan Pacific Singapore
The Hygiene Officer is responsible for all hygiene aspects related to the front and back of restaurant, bar and banquet rooms that are delivered to our guests which include being responsible for the cleanliness and hygiene of various areas and kitchens within the hotel. He or she has to maintain a leadership position in taking charge of these areas while coaching, guiding and training the associates to comply with the food safety and hygiene standards of PPHG as well as the Laws and Regulations of Singapore.
- Ensure that hygiene and operating equipments meet hotel and PPHG standards.
- Function as an active participating member of the Hotel’s Food and Beverage team.
- To organise and be involved in all aspect of Hygiene audit of the hotel.
- To co-operate with all Outlet Chefs related to his assigned section, i.e.Cafe Restaurant, Specialty Restaurant, Bakery, Banquet Kitchen.
- Coordinate with associates in the Stewarding Department and to ensure that manpower is used efficiently including the night cleaning contractor.
- Conduct training and workshops regularly for the associates under his or her care to ensure that hygiene and sanitation standards are maintained at required levels in the hotel.
- To discuss quality factors and defects of purchased goods with the Executive Chef to determine value and corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible of all cleaning activities to ensure efficiency and high standards of operations in all restaurants, bars and banquet rooms.
- Ensures cleanliness and quality of all operating equipment in all restaurants, bars and banquet spaces are of a very high standard.
- Ensure supplier audits and tracking is completed regularly
- To conduct regular hygiene audits in conjunction with the Outlet Chef in his areas of responsibility including daily and weekly walkthroughs.
- Attaining and maintaining the sanitation (HACCP or similar) certificates as required by the regional governing body
- To assist the Materials Manager in the cost-effective purchasing of cleaning products.
- To monitor cleaning machinery are regular service to ensure they are well kept.
- To work with Purchasing Manager and Executive Chef to monitor and negotiated for the best service and price for all cleaning contract ( e.g Ecolab, Pest control )
- Candidate must possess at least Diploma/Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma in Others or equivalent.
- Must possess WSQ Conduct Food and Beverage Hygiene Audit, Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate, HACCAP Certification
- At least 2 Year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Strong leadership and team building skills
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the Careers page or to email - firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologise that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.