Front Desk Agent
Pan Pacific Vancouver
We are looking for positive and energetic individual to join the Front Desk team in the role of Front Desk Agent. This individual is responsible for registering guests into the hotel and acting as an ambassador to the Pan Pacific at all times. This position will be considered a multi functional position that will work closely with the Pacific Club, Reservations, Service One and Concierge departments throughout the year.
The key responsibilities of the Front Desk Agent include but are not limited to:
• Ensure that guests receive a positive first and last impression of the Hotel; greets and registers guests (check guests in and out); liaises with all other departments.
• Responsible for managing a cash float and performing cashier duties.
• Handle guests requests and answers questions.
• Enter data into the computer; help store luggage; report equipment problems and/or damage.
• Answer telephones in a friendly, yet professional manner and greets guests in a timely manner in accordance with Pan Pacific Vancouver Standards; interacts with other departments in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ensure that assigned duties are completed during the course of a shift; restock all necessary items during the course of a shift.
• Understand the need and willingness to work in other related departments during peak periods as required (i.e. Service One, Reservations, Pacific Club and Concierge).
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with excellent communication and observational skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and have the ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented; ability to be able to balance technical and guest service successfully is critical.
• Maintain highest standard of professionalism, ethics, grooming and attitude towards guests, clients and other associates; Maintain professional business confidentiality as required.
Physical aspects of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Involves long periods of standing; prolonged computer use throughout the shift.
• Occasional kneeling and will require lifting of luggage for storage.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience in a guest service position; Front Office experience an asset.
• Post-secondary education in Hotel Management, or equivalent experience.
• Ability to sell and/or up-sell and cash handling skills.
• Computer Skills - Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office. Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs - Opera is an asset.
• Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills; Spoken English is mandatory and additional language(s) an asset.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter explaining your motivation for the position and how you meet the selection criteria along with a current resume. All application documents are to be submitted via the following link: Pan Pacific Vancouver
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver thanks all interested applicants and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.