Pan Pacific Vancouver
Reporting to the Restaurant & Bar Manager the Greeter position will ensure all guests are greeted and seated in a friendly and courteous manner using appropriate procedures to ensure a positive experience. Assist in preparing the restaurant for service and maintaining the cleanliness of the room at all times. Take reservations through open table and maintain reservations. Assist in monitoring the guests' needs and all phases of the operation. In addition the person may be scheduled shifts as an Expeditor.
The key responsibilities of the Greeter include but are not limited to:
• Professionally engage, assist and escort all guests to their tables, providing a pleasant welcome to create a positive first impression for guests.
• Alerts the Server to any customer questions or concerns; Assists Servers and Expeditors where necessary.
• Answers telephone promptly and courteously, taking and assigning guest reservations; manage the reservation dining counts and special requests.
• Must be knowledgeable of all hotel procedures, keeps up to date on hotel events and current events in the city and surrounding areas.
• Ensures all duties on task list are completed.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and be highly self-motivated.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with first-rate communication and observational skills; contributes an energetic and positive attitude to the hotel atmosphere.
• Individual must exhibit an empathetic, caring and attentive demeanor.
• Must be extremely well organized and detail oriented and completes all duties in a quick and efficient manner.
• Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively under pressure and have the ability to handle high volumes of challenging guest-related interactions with professionalism.
Must be able to stand on feet for long periods and endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
Qualifications and Technical Experience
• Previous experience in a guest service position in a large scale Food & Beverage operation preferred.
• Must have demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, be well organized, and be able to work effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Experience with Open Table reservation system is an asset.
• Fluent written and spoken English is mandatory; additional language (s) considered an asset.
• “Serving It Right” Certificate
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this position via the following link: APPLY HERE
Please note: Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered.
There have been recent and ongoing fraudulent activities involving soliciting individuals and their personal details for employment using various internet based e-mail accounts that use the Pan Pacific Vancouver name (or variations of the Hotel name) without authorization. Individuals are asked to provide copies of their personal identification and to send money in order to process the application. These offers are fraudulent and the Pan Pacific Vancouver does not ask for any monies or payment in any form from applicants at any time during the recruitment or employment process. We recommend that you do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
The Pan Pacific Vancouver and Pan Pacific Hotels Group has not authorized this form of communication and no such recruitment program is being offered or sanctioned by our company. Pan Pacific Hotels Group has notified the authorities to investigate.
If you receive an offer of employment but are unsure if it is legitimate, please contact email@example.com
If you have been a victim of this fraudulent activity, please contact your local police department to report the matter.